Creative CTA image needs alt/title atributes

Reformating this closed thread Creative CTA (PRO) image has own ALT teext

Issue example at:

You are free to login and see from inside. This site ALSO suffers from this other pain if you can kill it 2x1

Secure Note available

Please see credits at post end, hover sponsor banner and see title or inspect if you get no popup.

So the image used in the creative CTA does not read metadata from Media Library, that is a fact.
Neither a field in the Creative CTA to set a value for this image.

However, I thought that the element was using the post title as a default ALT/TITLE and finding this “dangerous” for SEO. That is not the real case, as it is Rank Math SEO plugin taking action on an image with no ALT/TITLE, it does its job from my own rules…

Is it possible to implement in the next Cornerstone revision?
CTA image should be reading its own Media Library metadata or field to set the ALT/TITLE

Thank you!

Hello Ricard,

Thanks for writing in! I have inspected the page and I found out that you are using the Classic Creative CTA element. We highly recommend that you use the new Creative CTA element because you will have full control over the element including the ALT and Title text of the Graphic that you will be using the Creative CTA element. Once you select Graphic, you will also be provided with a field where you can insert a custom ALT text.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Rue, I will give it a go asap. No doubt it will help.

Hey Ricard,

That’s great and you’re welcome!

I changed to Creative CTA in a test post and yes, it is a more complete way.

It also complicates the work as it demands an image on the front, for which I used a 1x1 transparent pixel.

This said I disconnected Rank Math self-filling for empty text atributes at images (Image SEO settings) for a complete test and found that all parts do their job BUT Creative CTA does half of it regarding this image SEO issue: does use ALT as informed in the field for the purpose, but lacking a title attribute triggers “defensive” action from Rank Math filling the title with predefined variables which apply for the whole site subject exception made for the sponsor banner.

Contradictory information from 2 attributes aimed at similar goal is no good news for fine tuned SEO.

What about some checkbox “Set also as title” or a second text field for title to complement alt text?

Thank you!

Hello Ricard,

Thanks for the feedback. It has been noted and forwarded to our developers.

Cheers.

Thank you, waiting for new opportunities to improve PRO’s inbuilt SEO

No problem.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.