Create side-bar with dynamic category looper

hey, i desgin a single page layout for all of my posts.
i what instead of creating X7 layouts for each category with a different widget menu, to make dynamic menu/ list that displaying the related post from the same category.

now i dont using cornerstone for single post page, since i have custom side bar plugin with asaine custom post

Hello Gil,

Thanks for writing in! You can utilize the Cornerstone > Global Blocks and then create the Looper that displays the related posts from the same category. Take note of the Global Block shortcode and then you can add it in a widget that will be displayed in your custom sidebar plugin. If you are not familiar with the global blocks yet, please check out these documentations:

Hope this helps.

Thank you for your solution, witch query should i choose in the Looper to displays the related posts from the same category?

Hello Gil,

In order to display the related post of the same category, you need to set the Looper provider as Query String. Please have a look at our doc of the looper to learn more about how to use a query string.

Test-Page-Builder-Pro - 2022-06-01T003159.655

category_name={{dc:term:slug}}&post_type=post&posts_per_page=3&offset=0&ignore_sticky_posts=1&post__not_in%5B0%5D={{dc:post:id}}

Hope it helps
Thanks

1 Like

Thanks you very much, :innocent: i lavrage this query and designed a perfect side bar for single post layout.
I was wondering if i can make the section/ elements stiky wen i scroll on desktop without using plugins

Hi Gil,

Glad that it works for you. Unfortunately, it is not possible to make the Section or any elements sticky, but you can try the DIV element and the Position > Fixed, if that works for you.

If that is not what you are trying to achieve, it requires complex custom coding which is beyond the scope of Theme Support. I would suggest you hire a developer who can assist you to do the customization or you can avail of our newly launched service called Elite service, where we offer complex customization

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.