Create a Footer breaks the layout and adds a side bar instead

Hello,
I am trying to add a Pro footer on this website. For some reason in the footer builder it breaks the layout and adds a section on the right side of the screen, instead of adding a new footer bar at the bottom.
Please see screenshots attached.
Thanks!

Hi again,
I just wanted to add that I just hid the ‘footer’ temporarily using CSS --> footer {display:none;} since my client wants to go live by this evening.

As a temporary solution, I created a footer in Global Blocks and I am showing this Global Block at the bottom of my main pages. This is a temporary workaround. In the meantime, if you want to troubleshoot this issue, please deactivate the CSS written above and you should be able to replicate the issue.

Thank you and looking forward to hearing back.

Hi @emile,

Thanks for reaching out.

I confirm that you have an issue with your footer and there’s a new update for the Pro theme and when I hit update it stack with the maintenance mode and I can’t access your website anymore. To fix the current issue, please delete the .maintenance files in the root directory to continue investigating your issue. If you didn’t know how to do it, please give us the FTP information in a Secure Note.

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

I recommend the following troubleshooting procedures before we investigate the settings.

1. TESTING FOR THEME RELATED ISSUE
  2. TESTING FOR PLUGIN CONFLICT
  3. THEME UPDATE
  4. CHILD THEME
  5. CSS/JS CUSTOMIZATION
  6. VERSION COMPATIBILITY

Thank you.

Hello Marc,
Thank you for the quick response. I went ahead and followed the troubleshooting steps. Deactivated all the plugins one by one, and refreshing the Pro Footer editor every time. Once I deactivated WooCommerce the preview could no longer show and instead displayed this:

But once all the plugins were deactivated, this message disappeared and I can now see the builder again. But the broken footer still shows up on the right side of the screen.

Also tried without the custom CSS, and with the parent Pro theme. Issue persists.
What are the next steps?

Thanks for your support!
FTP login in a secure note.

Thanks,
Émile

Hello @Emile,

I have taken some time to inspect all the elements in your header and the content of the homepage. It turns out that you have inserted an extra closing </div> in one of the text elements which has caused the issue.

I went ahead and removed it already. The footer is now displaying correctly as expected.

1 Like

Wow I totally missed that. Thank you so much @ruenel

By the way, do you know of a good plugin that can detect and locate these kinds of code errors?

Thanks again for you help!

Hello @emile

Glad that we were able to help you. You can search for the plugin in the WordPress plugin repository, please note that we have not tested any plugin for this purpose so we can not recommend any. Please remember that we don’t provide any third-party plugin support. It is out of the support scope. In case if you face any issue due to third-party plugin you need to contact the plugin author to fix their plugin issue or make it compatible to X/Pro theme.

Have a great day!
Thanks for understanding

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.