Counter Element not working

Hey there, after the last updates my counters aren’t working properly on the frontend. If I setup WC to show 0 (zero) decimals it shows properly on the frontend, but no WC Gateway works with zero decimals, and some even throw fatal errors on the site.

If I set with 2 decimals (as requested by the Payment Gatways) then the counter I’ve used gets confused, adds zeroes and comma to all prices, making everything ficticious…

This is the result with the 2 decimals set (this price is R$ 500 not 50,000):

Please help me to fix that, it may have some way or some customization…

Same here. My counters are actually totally not working since the update. Replying here for more visibility for the issue.

1 Like

Same here. Classic Counters not working.

Hey @fabiofava,

I have replicated the issue. It happens if the Decimal Operator is a comma (,). If you can switch to dot (.), that would be the temporary solution.

@cranium1 and @Jeff_Net, the Classic Counter issue is different but I’ve replicated it as well. If you can switch to the Counter (not Classic), that would be the solution.

I’ll post both issues in our tracker so that they’ll be queued for investigation by our development team.

Please stay tuned for updates.

Thanks.

Hello @christian thank you for your support!

First of all, in most countries the comma is the separator for cents, being the period the separator for thousands. In my particular case I don’t want both separators (thousands and cents) to appear on the Frontend. Would be possible to have some (maybe custom) settings to be used to hide the cents?

On the other hand, I’ve tried changing cents separator to period, but still have prices with the same issue (comma not period appears at the frontend, and the zeroes - same amount of decimal, 2 in my case - are added after that comma). So I’ve had again to set decimals to zero, but as someone tries to buy, Stripe cannot approve. Other plugins even throw fatal errors on the site if decimals are set to zero…

I hope we can have this fixed soon, also some option to not show decimals on the counter (in my case, specifically, the final results are WooCommerce prices). Thank you very much I’ll keep looking forward on that, cheers!

Hello @fabiofava,

This has already been added to our issue tracker and will be looked into by our development team. I cannot make any promises relating to a fix at this stage. I will add a note to the tracker referencing your report though so our dev team can see there are multiple reports of the issue.

Please bear with us.

Hey @ruenel thank you for getting back! Months ago I had issues on the counter, me and a lot of loyal customers, we’re hoping you can get this fixed asap. Maybe some way to add some custom code in order to not show cents and thousands separators on that counter could help us to keep running our business that rely on Pro and the Counter to improve sales. Thanks!

Hi @fabiofava,

We understand the situation, my colleague has already reported the issue to the issue tracker for further investigation by our development team.

Thanks

Hi,

I also got this issue, all the classic counters stopped working.

I do have . as decimal separator in woocommerce > settings > general. I’m seeing this on every page.

I starter looking in to converting from the classic to the new counter, but it will require a couple of hours of work including testing for all formats and resolutions. It’s a lot of extra work.

Do you have a link to the issue tracker so I can follow this issue?

Hey @Fredisco,

The issue tracker is for internal use only. What I can do is bump it, adding your feedback into the issue.

Please bear with us.

Hi Staff.

Same issue here. This not-for-profit client needs to show its numbers.

Please can you advise?

https://nrcf.org.au/about/

Emptied cache, un-minified, turned off all plugins etc. Nothing.

Thanks.

Hello @Righteye,

Thanks for writing to us.

Sorry for your inconvenience, we have already reported the issue and the issue is in our issue tracker for our development team for investigation. There is no ETA at the moment so I would request you, please stay tuned for succeeding theme updates.

Thanks for understanding

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.