Cornerstrone plugin brings Are you sure you want to do this?

Hi,

Suddenly started to have an issue - once creating a new page, trying to install plugin - getting screen “Are you sure you want to do this?”. Tried to disable first all plugins - issue was gone, then enabled all and was disabling one by one, and once Cornerstone plugin was disabled - issue was gone, once enabled back - issue came back. So understanding that something wrong happened after the last update of Cornerstone

Could you please check what is happening with Cornerstone plugin?

Hello @MAArthur,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

I don’t get Are you sure you want to do this? Please try again. when installing plugins. However, I am getting same error message while publishing a newly created page. In dev tools I see Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden) message. It seems that the issue is cursing when Cornerstone is active. I think there is a memory limit issue. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Do I need just include these two lines anywhere in the file (wp-config.php)?

Updated, but still getting the same issue

To remind you - once Cornerstone plugin is disabled, then there is no issue and I can public pages without any issues.

HI there,

Please login through FTP and go to wp-content/plugins/ then delete the cornerstone directory that is in there.

Then try logging back in to the admin section and Cornerstone should be automatically installed again then try to check if it fixes the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Same problem here. Neither step above fixed the issue for me…
Also same issue reported here

Hi There,

I’ve just replied to that post you linked, if none of the solution I provided resolve the issue. Please create a new thread and provide us the site URL and login credentials in a secure note so we can take a closer look.

Thanks,

Deleted, plugin came back after some time. Issue is still there (in the beginning was plugin was still not back, were able to create pages without problems, but once plugin came back, same issue again).

Hi @MAArthur

I was able to :

Create a new page - Save - Edit with Cornerstone - Save

Install New Plugin - Activate - Remove it

No Issues,

Can you let us know which step by step you are doing while facing the issue so we can try to replicate on our end?

Thanks

Hi,

Still issue at my side - doing:

Pages -> Add new -> enter name -> publish

Getting error:

Hi There,

Please try cleaning your browser cache, if that does not work, please try testing a different browser to confirm it is not related to your browser installation only.

Hope it helps

Tried (cleaned cache and tried different browser) - still facing issue. Can you check once again and confirm that you can publish page?

Hello There,

I am another staff and I can confirm that the issue is still happening. Could you please provide us ftp access so we can resolve this? Meanwhile, please generate a new set of security keys using the WordPress Security Key Generator1. Copy the entire output and paste it in your wp-config.php file replacing the old key.

Sure, adding info for ftp, changed security keys - issue still remains.

Hello There,

Thanks for providing the details. I have logged in, made the changes in the salt key and still the issue exist. The last thing I want to do is switch to default WP theme and disable all plugins. With your permission, could we turn on under construction mode and initiate this default switch theme? I know your site is live and that is why we need your permission to interrupt your live site, test for plugin and hoping to figure out and finally able to get a resolution to this issue.

Hi, yes, sure, most important is that after a short while same plugins and theme would be enabled back.

Hey Mary,

I’ve enable the Under Construction, switched to one of the default WordPress themes but still the issue persists.

I see that Cornerstone is causing the issue. But, there might be a deeper cause to this because, normally, this would not happen. I see you have used 2 caching plugins.

Please completely uninstall them because even if they’re deactivated or just simply uninstalled, they leave code in wp-config.php and .htaccess which can cause issues. Contact the plugin author to learn how to completely uninstall them.

If the issue still persists, please copy your site to a staging server and give us WP Admin and FTP access so we could remove everything and see how Cornerstone is affecting the creation of a page.

Thanks.

Ok, will try, but those are old plugins there and there was no problem - problem started to be after last Cornerstone upgrade…

Hi there,

I agree regarding the test for the other server maybe migrating your website to your local machine or a test server, that will make sure that if it is something related to the server or not.

Please consider that this is 100% something related to your environment as we have the Cornerstone installed on more than 200000 machines in different environments with no such an error.

I have one more case that worths to test:

Please install the Transient Cleaner plugin and clear your Database Transient Cache.

Thank you.