Cornerstone won't load on live (Loads on staging but asks to re-login) also has no Wordpress Toolbar

Hi again,

So I’m still experiencing trouble on this particular site, I have updated plugins, scanned for malware, tried both the latest and previous version of X and Pro - and I still get this issue where:

• Cornerstone won’t load, but just hangs (on live)
  • Doesn’t show the WordPress Toolbar when logged in to make edits when you view the site
  • Cornerstone will load on staging (if I login again) but gets hung up on a js file included theme (Conerstone >
    Assets > JS > app file)

In a previous investigation into this issue, disabling Limit Login attempts was marked as an issue - but the theme was working with it previously and can’t be disabled (its on Managed Wordpress Hosting - and GoDaddy reps can’t even disable it)

Hello Shelley,

Thanks for writing in! Have you moved to a new hosting provider already? Please make sure to do the following:
1.) Update your PHP version to at least 7.4

2.) And please update the Pro theme to version 5.1.4:

Kindly let us know how it goes.

Hi there,

Just updated Pro - there was no change. And was told that PHP 7.3 should still work with Pro (I’ve tried to ask GoDaddy Managed Hosting to upgrade but they don’t have an ETA on it, and 7.3 is the highest it offers). We are still planning to move - but the client is has do go through approvals which takes a while. So right now we have a site that only has non Cornerstone items working which is not ideal - so any assistance would be appreciated!

Hi Shelley,

Please ask your Hosting Service provider to update the PHP version to 7.4 as suggested by my colleague.

Thanks

Hi there,

The Go Daddy reps (several of them I have talked to) can’t do it as it is a scheduled update that applies to all Managed WordPress Hosting. The highest PHP it will go is 7.3 (believe me I have said to them the requirement is at least 7.4). If there is an older version (before 5.0.8) of Pro that I can get access to that works with 7.3 I will happily try to put it up there if that would work, can try to rollback WordPress as well?

Hello Shelley,

I have temporarily deactivated all the plugins in your staging site and the issue still persists.

I have tested the Pro theme 5.0.8 version on my local install using only with PHP 7.3 and I do not have any issues with it. This version should also work in your staging site. The only issue I could see that might be causing the issues are the following:
1.) The Limited Login plugin which is installed by the hosting provider. If we can only temporarily deactivate this so that we can broke down to the other one left.
2.) Your Site URL and WordPress address URL settings are using http while the WordPress dashboard URL is using https which may also caused this issue.

See the image in the secure note below.

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.