Cornerstone update broke pages that utilize cornerstone

Last week we did a update on the cornerstone plugin. After the update we noticed that pages that utilize cornerstone were blank. Once we noticed this we reverted the site back to before the update, but now all the pages the use cornerstone are not formatted correctly and displaying images incorrectly. An example can be found at https://chiappettashoes.com/new-arrivals/

Thank you for your time.

Hi Tony,

Thanks for reaching out!

This could be a cache issue on your website or a plugin conflict. I suggest that you follow the recommendation below.

Hope that helps and let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

We have tried the provided instructions with no luck. Cornerstone is still not displaying web pages correctly as seen in this page: https://chiappettashoes.com/new-arrivals/

Hey Tony,

This usually happens due to a third party conflict. Have you tried disabling the Lazy Loading feature? Lazy Loading sometimes creates problems.

If nothing works then please get back to us with the URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thanks!

Still no luck. i have made a secure note with the login info.

Hello Tony,

This is what I am seeing both on the live page and in the Cornerstone builder:

Please edit the page and make sure that you have the same styling as the other columns.

no luck. nothing has changed. the page looked perfect with no issues for months. then there was a cornerstone update and it has been messed up since. I checked the styling and everything appears to be the same. It’s also affecting our home page.

Hi Tony,

We are afraid to do the troubleshooting on your live website. To investigate further about your issue, I suggest that you copy your live website into a staging area then please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • FTP access

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

gave the info in a secure note

Hey Tony,

I tried to login to your staging site but it seems like the username/password is incorrect. Please double check the provided credentials.

There is currently a known issue with Cornerstone and PHP 7.0, please try updating PHP to 7.4. If it doesn’t work, try PHP version 7.2 or 7.3 .

Also make sure that you’re fully updated including WordPress installation. You can find the latest version numbers here: (https://theme.co/docs/version-compatibility) Then you can compare them to what’s installed on your site.

If you find anything to be out of date, you can review our update guide.

Thanks!

Hi Tony,

Can you confirm that you’re using X theme on this site? It’s confusing because the site has what it looks like a child theme of X, but actually it is a completely different theme (Chiappetta Shoes).

We can help to reinstall the X theme if this site is originally built in X theme.

And I see you’re using WP Rocket, can you login directly to your WP Rocket account and forge the caches from there.

By the way, the staging site login you provided did not work, please check.

Thanks,

We are having Flywheel update the PHP version. We are using X theme but it is a custom build of it and reinstalling it would cause major issues. Cleared the WP Rocket Cache with no luck. The staging site login doesn’t seem to like when you copy and paste a password so I’ve gone ahead and made a more simple password that you will have to type in manually. Ill add that to a secure note on this message.

Hi Tony,

In that case, you should not update Cornerstone, X and Cornerstone go hand and hand, if you can’t have the latest X (8.3.3), then you can’t have the latest Cornerstone (5.3.3). You need to identify what Cornerstone version the site had before the update, you need to restore to that Cornerstone version to make your pages work as before.

Thanks,

okay. where do i find older versions of cornerstone?

Hey Tony,

Regretfully, we do not provide the previous versions of Cornerstone so please contact your web host if they have a backup of your site when everything was working and restore it from there.

Also, the issue might also be because of your theme modification so you need to back the customized X up and install a fresh copy of X to test. If this is the cause, you need to contact the developer who customized X for a fix.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.