Cornerstone throwing errors and is unusable

Somewhere along the line, either Pro or Cornerstone must not have updated because I have a site that now throws a bunch of errors indicating Cornerstone was not updated. For example, I’m getting a TON of “depricated” error messages, like this:

Deprecated : Creation of dynamic property Themeco\Theme\Theme::$classes is deprecated in /home2/howellfi/public_html/wp-content/themes/pro/framework/classes/Theme.php on line 72

Deprecated : Creation of dynamic property Themeco\Cornerstone\Services\Config::$plugin is deprecated in /home2/howellfi/public_html/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/classes/Services/Config.php on line 12

Deprecated : Creation of dynamic property Themeco\Cornerstone\Services\I18n::$plugin is deprecated in /home2/howellfi/public_html/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/classes/Services/I18n.php on line 12

Deprecated : Creation of dynamic property Themeco\Cornerstone\Services\I18n::$config is deprecated in /home2/howellfi/public_html/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/classes/Services/I18n.php on line 13

Deprecated : Creation of dynamic property Cornerstone_Plugin::$autoload_directories is deprecated in /home2/howellfi/public_html/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/_classes/plugin.php on line 42

Deprecated : Creation of dynamic property Themeco\Cornerstone\Services\CodebaseBridge::$legacyPlugin is deprecated in /home2/howellfi/public_html/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/classes/Services/CodebaseBridge.php on line 22

Deprecated : Creation of dynamic property Themeco\Cornerstone\Elements\Renderer::$stripAnchors is deprecated in /home2/howellfi/public_html/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/classes/Elements/Renderer.php on line 16

Deprecated : Creation of dynamic property Themeco\Cornerstone\Elements\Renderer::$ruleMatching is deprecated in /home2/howellfi/public_html/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/classes/Elements/Renderer.php on line 17

Deprecated : Creation of dynamic property Themeco\Cornerstone\Services\Elements::$plugin is deprecated in /home2/howellfi/public_html/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/classes/Services/Elements.php on line 17

Deprecated : Creation of dynamic property Themeco\Cornerstone\Services\Elements::$renderer is deprecated in /home2/howellfi/public_html/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/classes/Services/Elements.php on line 18

Deprecated : Creation of dynamic property Themeco\Cornerstone\Services\Elements::$env is deprecated in /home2/howellfi/public_html/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/classes/Services/Elements.php on line 19

Deprecated : Creation of dynamic property Themeco\Cornerstone\Services\Elements::$controlMacros is deprecated in /home2/howellfi/public_html/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/classes/Services/Elements.php on line 20

Deprecated : Creation of dynamic property Themeco\Cornerstone\Services\Elements::$migrations is deprecated in /home2/howellfi/public_html/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/classes/Services/Elements.php on line 21

Deprecated : Creation of dynamic property Themeco\Cornerstone\Elements\Renderer::$elementService is deprecated in /home2/howellfi/public_html/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/classes/Elements/Renderer.php on line 21

Deprecated : Creation of dynamic property Themeco\Cornerstone\Services\Permissions::$elements is deprecated in /home2/howellfi/public_html/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/classes/Services/Permissions.php on line 90

Deprecated : Creation of dynamic property Themeco\Cornerstone\Services\Settings::$permissions is deprecated in /home2/howellfi/public_html/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/classes/Services/Settings.php on line 12

Deprecated : Creation of dynamic property Themeco\Cornerstone\Services\Settings::$ajaxClean is deprecated in /home2/howellfi/public_html/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/classes/Services/Settings.php on line 13

Deprecated : Creation of dynamic property Themeco\Cornerstone\Services\Settings::$ajaxSave is deprecated in /home2/howellfi/public_html/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/classes/Services/Settings.php on line 14

Deprecated : Creation of dynamic property Themeco\Cornerstone\Services\ThemeManagement::$settings is deprecated in /home2/howellfi/public_html/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/classes/Services/ThemeManagement.php on line 13

What can I do to resolve this?

Wordpress is updated to the 6.2.2 as well as running Pro 6.2.9

There’s nowhere to disable Cornerstone or remove it. I’ve tried different versions of Pro, nothing resolves this.

Please advise.

Hi Peter,

Thanks for reaching out.
The Cornerstone is an integrated part of Pro and can’t be deactivated. I have checked it in my local environment but didn’t find the issue you described here. Although, this is a Notice and can be suppressed by adding the following code in the wp-config.php,
We are curious to know why this is happening at your end.

define( 'WP_DEBUG', false );

NOTE: Please find the video that will help you edit wp-config.php and add the above code: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SDPTafEM8o

Thanks

Thanks, @tristup… but now what happens is an error.log file gets built up and it’s not a resolution to this issue.

What do I need to do to reinstall Cornerstone short of having to rebuild the site ?

Hey Peter,

I suspect you’re using PHP 8.2. Try downgrading to PHP 8 and see if those notices will disappear. The PHP notices have already been reported to our development team and eventually be cleared and you can use PHP 8.2. Please stay tuned for updates.

Thanks.

Thanks, @christian, but the site has been on PHP version 8.0, so, that’s not the issue, either.

Hi Peter,

As my colleague says, these notices are taken care by our development team in upcoming releases. And, if you are facing the same issue in PHP version 8.0, please provide login credentials for your site in a secure note to examine it further, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

I have shared the info above. Thanks

(What’s been happening now is, an error_log file gets generated instead of the debug log that was previously created)

Has anyone looked at it? The log file that gets created gets so large, it uses all the disk space. Daily.

Hi Peter,

I have checked and found that my colleague has correctly suspected that you are using the PHP version 8.2.7. I would suggest you downgrade it to 8.0 as suggested by my colleague and check if that resolves your problem or not.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.