Cornerstone text editors not registering changes/cannot save changes

Hello,

After recent updates the text editor in Cornerstone does not register any changes being made when typed in. You can see in the video below that I try to type changes into the editor, the “Save” button does not turn orange, indicating no changes have been made and then if I close the editor and open it back up, the changes disappear. This happens whether I am in the Rich Text editor or the HTML editor. I would say this is happening about 25% of the time when trying to edit text now. I hope there is a simple fix to this as it has been quite frustrating.

I am using the most current version of pro (6.1.9 right now). Please let me know if you need anything else from me.

Thank you.

1 Like

Hello @Hyperbits,

Thanks for posting. I have tried to replicate the issue shown in the video in three separate local testing servers. None of them was able to replicate it. All changes were saved. This could just be unique to your install. We would love to check your WP install if you allows us to. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

In the meantime, please clear all your plugin caches and your browser cache before testing the site again. if the issue only happened right after you have updated the theme, perhaps this documentation can help you:

Best Regards.

Hello @ruenel,

Thank you for your reply. I did go through the “Site appears broken” documentation but unfortunately found that the troubleshooting did not apply to my issue. I have created a secure note so you can access the site and check our site.

Thank you.

Hello @Hyperbits,

I tried to access your site dashboard but the given login details are not working. Please recheck and send the login details so that we can check it on our end.

Thanks

Hello @prakash_s,

I updated the login details in the secure note and you should be able to login now.

Thank you.

Hello @Hyperbits,

On which page did it happen? When I logged in and tested the site, the changes I made were displayed.

It has a slight delay though since a lot of plugins and scripts are running along side the builder.

Cheers.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.