Cornerstone edit text

Hi @dasbios,

Thanks for confirming it. Please stay tuned for the upcoming theme update.

We updated to the latest Cornerstone v7.1.9 that came out yesterday.

It’s fixed!

Thank you.

1 Like

Hey @dasbios,

We’re glad that the new update fix your issue.

Cheers!

1 Like

thanks a lot for fixing this quickly! bravo theme.co :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @iTurtle,

Glad that we are able to help you.

Thanks

Hi @tristup
One of my clients is still reporting this as a problem they are on Pro 6.1.9 and this still seems to be a problem. They have cleared their cache, checked for updates in Chrome browser and checked if there are windows updates.
They describe the bug as follows:
select a text element, click the inspect icon, click the edit text box to open the text editor, edit the text (which does not update the preview) click save, but the edit isn’t saved.

I have a hunch that it is being caused by templates that have been created in previous versions. I have a similar issue with sliders that were built in previous versions that wont show images on the front end but will in the back end but if i create a slider from scratch all works fine

My customer has just updated me to confirm that they experience exactly the same behaviour when using the Edge browser as they do when using the Chrome browser. Not sure if this will help track the problem but thought it might be worth mentioning

Hello @The_Capture_Factory,

I just tested it in MS Edge browser and I could no longer replicate the issue.

Please ask them to clear the browser cache or use private browsing mode.

And remember that when is in GREEN borders, you can double-click and edit the contents. Once you have added a dynamic content in the contents, it displays a yellowish border color and you cannot edit it by double-click.

Best Regards.

Hi @ruenel

I have done a screen recording with my customer to show the issue. Let me know how is best to share the recording. I can send via WeTransfer as it will be quite big.

Initially the issue seems to be fixed but after the 3rd text box edit the edits are no longer saved. We did the same exercise on a blank page just with text boxes and all seemed to be fine, so i suggested adding a slider in from their templates and as soon as i did that the issue reappeared

Hello @The_Capture_Factory,

You can use LoomShare or just upload the video in Youtube.

Thanks.

I’m also still having the same exact issues as @The_Capture_Factory

@ruenel

link to YouTube video in secure link as don’t want GDPR issues with my client. The issue is demonstrated at about 1:30 in the video

As mentioned here:

and here:

I also have the same problem.

hi there,

that is now very interesting and as i mentioned this is not the first time in the past years that i run into this problem. some customers had the problem and i always blamed it on them, because it worked for me…
so maybe it is a local conflict with the browser and os?

and could you all please check if you use the plugin “essential grid” on your websites? it would not be the first time this plugin breaks themes (also other themes)!

Hi
No essential grid on our clients site.

thanks! but there goes one theory :wink:

Hello Guys,

When I try to replicate this, I wasn’t able to. The only difference is that on my test, I only have a few elements on the page. Comparing my test to the Youtube video, I am seeing the active Slider moving about to the next slide every few seconds plus some other elements on the page. Keep in mind that the more elements you have and the lot more going on the page eats up a lot of resources. This can also affect the events on the page like the response of the Text changes within the Text element and even how much time the browser needs to save those changes. Anyways, we will investigate this further and use a very large page with a lot of elements.

Best Regards.

dear @ruenel,
thanks for your reply!
the response time of the builder is crucial of course! that is one point i hope you keep working on.
and of course i would not want to think about the amount of text or elements on a page when building may website… in my case the pages where rather small, though.
best wishes, kai

No problem, Kai. I will relay your feedback to our developers as well.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.