Cornerstone Sidebar Loads Twice

Hi there,

On this site kerrykspmu.uk the Cornerstone backend sidebar loads twice (Google Chrome) I tried upgrading the site to Pro and the same behaviour happened, Have disabled plugins, cache etc, no change.

I tried on Safari and the sidebar loaded all the way across the screen… See attached pics.

Any ideas?
Thanks
AG

Hello @ArmshouseGroup,

Thanks for writing to us.

In order to help you with your concern, we need to check your settings. I would request you, please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details meanwhile you must troubleshoot a few common issues before we investigate your settings.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin-level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hi Prakash,

I did try those things, but it stayed the same. Please take a look when you have a chance.
AG

Hello @ArmshouseGroup,

Thanks for the information. I have tested for a plugin conflict and there seems to be no issue with any of those plugin. Maybe one of the theme files were corrupted. Can you please re install the Pro theme or update the Pro theme manually? Please check out this article for the steps on how to do it.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

Hi @ruenel

I did a fresh upload of Pro via FTP and it hasn’t made a difference.

I was originally running X on this site and had this issue there. I upgraded to Pro thinking it might help the issue, but it’s still there.

Any other suggestions would be great.
AG

Hi @ArmshouseGroup,

I have checked it again by deactivating the child theme, but the result is the same. I would request you please copy your live site to a staging server so we could troubleshoot freely without breaking your live site.
And give us access in the secure note including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password
– FTP/CPanel credentials to access the files.

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

Hi @tristup

I have migrated the site to a dev server, still experiencing the same issues, so at least that’s useful!

Login link and creds in the secure note.

Thanks for your help,
AG

Hey @ArmshouseGroup,

The only way to stop the issue in your staging site setup is to set the Settings > Permalinks to Plain. This tells us there is a domain setup issue in your site. That specifics of that is unknown to us moreover that the FTP credentials you’ve provided is for the staging site.

For you live site, try performing a hard htaccess reset.

If that doesn’t work, I’m afraid you need to try starting from a fresh WordPress install or even move to a different web host. It seems like your web host uses unusal methods to load your site.

Hi @christian

Thanks for taking a look. I tried resetting to a basic htaccess, but no difference.

I have a mixture of X and Pro sites running on that same web host/server, they all seem fine, so not sure what suddenly happened with this site. I’ll compare setups and see if I can find anything obvious.

Thank you.

Thanks for testing.

Do you have a link to a good walkthrough to backup site content and reinstall Wordpress? I obviously don’t want to lose all my posts/pages.

Hi @ArmshouseGroup,

You can use any of the free backup plugins that are available in the WordPress repository at wordpress.org.

Thanks

Hi, so an update here…

I did a fresh install of WP and Pro into a new database. I uploaded all my images etc to wp-content/uploads and imported pages, posts etc, but none of the content was editable in Conerstone. The shortcodes were all visible in the default editor, but Conerstone acted like it was a new page. Crucially… The two sidebar issue was fixed.

So I imported the site again using a migration plugin and the issue comes back. Does this help narrow down where this is coming from? Is there some other way to restore pages etc into a fresh and working copy of WP/Pro?

Many thanks,
AG

Hey AG,

Based on your description, the cause of the issue is something in your WordPress configuration, so a fresh WordPress and Pro installation is necessary.

The reason why the shortcodes were visible and the pages were not editable in Cornerstone is because Cornerstone builder data is not included in WordPress’ export/import feature. Your pages can only be saved / exported / imported using the Template Manager.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.