Cornerstone Row/ Colums element not Working

Hi
It looks like Cornerstone has a big problem after the update.
The Element feature where on can choose the layout is not working.
I cans elect new element but every time when I select 50 50 or 2/3 to 1/3 it displays in rows and not in columns.

Please advice
Thanks
C

Hi Corina,

Thanks for reaching out.

It should be 50% 50%, and yes, 2/3 1/3 will no longer accepted. But you can put other values as well, like 500px as minimum width. Please watch these vides

Hope this helps.

sorry I understand cornerstone but even when I click on the layout I want it all display only in row and nothing in columns . you misunderstood it.
example instead of 3 columns it shows 3 rows. on all options
can you help?thanks C

Hi Corina,

Sorry but I still don’t get it. You mean to say the columns should display as rows? Would you mind providing a video recording and the mockup design of the layout you wish to implement?

Thanks!

sorry not sure how to do a video demo. but anyway I try again
in cornerstone

you click - Add a section
you then have to possibility to chose from - choose a layout
this option gives you the choice of 9 different layouts.

when I then click on the chosen layout for example - 3 columns

it is now not displaying 3 columns but 3 rows

and this with every possible layout of the 9.

was this better explained?

Thanks

up to here is all good

voila and now I clicked on having 3 columns but it is displaying 3 rows

I’m having exactly the same problem. I’m completely stuck. Look forward to hearing what Apex staff have to say. Thanks

same here can not do anything, have thought of changing to Block editor but don’t know what this would have for an effect on the whole SEO and layout.

Hey Corina and Steve,

The issue shown in the screenshot usually happens when you update Cornerstone to the latest version 4.0.x while using the older versions of the theme, X 6.x.x and below. Could you please update to the latest versions?
Our latest versions are:
- X theme 7.0.4
- Cornerstone 4.0.4

This latest release contains fixes for several issues so be sure to check out the changelog (http://theme.co/changelog/).

After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Please let us know how it goes.

ok cool it works, should have thought by myself to update , thank you anyway

@RueNel Fantastic. Its works great. And to you @Scalentse because I wouldn’t have asked the question unless I’d seen your post first… Thanks again guys. S

You are most welcome. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.