Cornerstone plugin: Critical Error on Theme/Plugin update

My website structure is in shambles due to a critical error from the Cornerstone plugin. I have tried reinstalling the theme and the plugin, but it won’t let me reactivate the plugin because it says it caused the error. Help please?

Hi @AAEV,

Thanks for reaching out.
The issue you are having might be due to the version incompatibility between X and Cornerstone. I would also suggest you follow the below steps while updating the X theme and the Cornerstone.

1. Delete the Cornerstone existing one
  2. Update the X theme to the latest version on automatic updates
  3. After deletion of the Cornerstone, please use the link in the dashboard to automatically install the Cornerstone.

If that does not help, please provide login credentials for your site in a secure note to examine it further, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

I have the same issue, fatal error on update caused by pro theme and cornerstone. Cannot delete theme or plugin in recovery mode as they are deactivated. Please advise?

I have seen from responses to others that you suggest deleting cornerstone but I do not have cornerstone as a plugin in the list so cannot delete it. The pro theme will not show becuase of the fatal error. I have tried deleting and installing the lastest version but the problem persists. I cannot install cornerstone from the link in the dashboard because there is not a link, perhaps becuase the theme will not load because of the fatal error. I am stuck. I am going to revert to backup so please advise the solution to this so I can go ahead and update again. I have provided login info in the secure note:

same error im getting Fatal error : Call to undefined method ReflectionParameter::getType() in /home/content/38/10706538/html/ActionFigureGeek/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/Plugin.php on line 105

the plugin wont activate

I have now reverted the site to the backup I took before updating. Please let me know when there is a recommended solution to this so I can safely update. The login in my secure note is still there if you want to log in to look at the current setup and advise about updating. Thank you.

Hi @Roona and @pyntolimited,

I suggest that you create your own thread because the credential you provided above is visible to the one posted in this post. I also suggest that you copy your website into a staging area so that we can investigate the issue, then on the new thread, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

@pyntolimited, I just want to let you know that I deleted your secure note above for some security purposes.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.