Cornerstone plugin: Critical Error on Theme/Plugin update 2

I am creating a new thread as requested. I will paste previous comments here and add secure note with access to site on staging server.

https://theme.co/forum/t/cornerstone-plugin-critical-error-on-theme-plugin-update/

This staging site is before updating. Do you want to run the updates or shall I do that to recreate the errors?

Comments from previous thread to give background:

I have the same issue - fatal error on update caused by pro theme and cornerstone. Cannot delete theme or plugin in recovery mode as they are deactivated. Please advise?

I have seen from responses to others that you suggest deleting cornerstone but I do not have cornerstone as a plugin in the list so cannot delete it. The pro theme will not show becuase of the fatal error. I have tried deleting and installing the lastest version but the problem persists. I cannot install cornerstone from the link in the dashboard because there is not a link, perhaps becuase the theme will not load because of the fatal error. I am stuck. I am going to revert to backup so please advise the solution to this so I can go ahead and update again. I have provided login info in the secure note:

I have now reverted the site to the backup I took before updating. Please let me know when there is a recommended solution to this so I can safely update. The login in my secure note is still there if you want to log in to look at the current setup and advise about updating. Thank you.

Hello @pyntolimited,

Thanks for writing to us.

It might be an issue with the PHP version. Please make sure your server PHP version is 7.4 or plus as per our version compatibility page. I would suggest you contact your hosting provider for this. If it doesn’t work for you, please share your FTP details in the secure note.

Thanks

Hi,

My hosting only provides php up to 7.3. It says on your compatability page that 7.4 is recommended but that from 5.6 is supported. Are you able to help me resolve this problem even though I only have php 7.2 or 7.3?
Thanks
Tamsin

Hello Tamsin,

It would be best if you could copying your live website to your staging area. and send your details in a secure note so that we can investigate your setting without breaking your live site. Please provide the following details of the staging server including WordPress login credentials and FTP. I would also suggest you please ask your hosting provider to upgrade the PHP version.

Thanks

I have copied the site to the staging area. I have sent login details. I will also add ftp details shortly. I am able to upgrade php only to 7.3

I hope you can resolve the issue for me so the site software can be updated without php7.4

Obviously as this is a staging site I will need ro replicate any changes you make on the live site so please advise about that if you do solve the problem. Thanks Tamsin

Hi Tamsin,

Unfortunately, the staging URL is not accessible and showing the 500 error. I would request you to check and share it again while it is accessible.

Thanks

Hi There, My apologies, I caused an issue when trying to add code to upgrade to php 7.3. I am checking that now but the site is running on php7.2 so hopefully you can see and resolve the issue now?
http://www.jabbaroo.co.uk/wp-admin/
Thank you
Tamsin

Hi @pyntolimited,

Your website is now running 7.3.27 and when I tried to update the Pro theme to the latest version and also updated all the plugins to the latest version, I don’t see the issue anymore. Please keep in mind that this is a problem with PHP 7.0 - doesn’t happen on previous or later PHP versions. PHP 7.0 has been EOL for over 2 years (https://www.php.net/supported-versions.php) although some hosts keep supporting it with 3rd party patches. You can check your site health for the recommendation on your website ( see secure note for the site health link).

Overall, your website http://www.jabbaroo.co.uk is now fully updated with no issue at all.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

Hi -
I am having similar issues. See error here:

Fatal error : Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method ReflectionType::getName() in /var/www/html/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/classes/Plugin.php:106 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: Themeco\Cornerstone\Plugin->Themeco\Cornerstone{closure}(Object(ReflectionParameter)) #1 /var/www/html/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/classes/Plugin.php(117): array_map(Object(Closure), Array) #2 /var/www/html/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/classes/Plugin.php(137): Themeco\Cornerstone\Plugin->create(’\Themeco\Corner…’) #3 /var/www/html/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/classes/Plugin.php(73): Themeco\Cornerstone\Plugin->resolve(’\Themeco\Corner…’) #4 /var/www/html/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/classes/Plugin.php(44): Themeco\Cornerstone\Plugin->setup_services(‘is_admin’) #5 /var/www/html/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/boot.php(27): Themeco\Cornerstone\Plugin->initialize(Array) #6 /var/www/html/wp-content/themes/pro/framework/setup.php(62): cornerstone_boot(’/v in /var/www/html/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/classes/Plugin.php on line 106

There has been a critical error on this website. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.

At this point, we cannot log-in to WordPress at all. Any insight you could provide would be really helpful.

Hi @mjones,

Thanks for reaching out!

Please try temporarily downgrading the PHP version below version 7 or upgrading PHP to 7.4 and see if the error goes away. This issue was already posted to our issue tracker.

Please stay tuned and hope that helps.

Thank you.

Thanks for the reply. We had out team update the PHP version. That did not work. We currently have the 7.4.16 version.

See attached image. PHP Version Image

If possible, could you provide additional guidance? If there is a service or contact person we can gain access to with a membership upgrade, please let me know. Happy to do sign off on that to get out WordPress Admin site back up and running.

Should we restore the site to the latest backup? Would that help?

Hi Michael,

I suggest that you create a new ticket because we are going to ask for the credentials for your website and if you are going to posts it here, the one who posted this post can also see the credentials (this is just for safety purposes). On the new ticket, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

My problem is not resolved.

If I turn all plugins back on and use standard wp theme all is fine. As soon as I activate Pro theme, or pro child I get critical errors. This is the case on both the live site and development site. Please could you have a look for me? Login credentials posted by me further up this tickets.

Also I can see the secure note from @mjones - I will ignore of course but I think you need to resolve this issue so that only you and the secure note creator can see these notes (even if they post in another person’s ticket).

I hope you can help me resolve this issue with Pro.

Thanks Tamsin

Further to last I have left the dev site on a standard wp theme with all plugins active. There are no critical errors. As soon as you activate pro theme there are problems. But the site needs Pro theme.

I will revert to backup again for the live site.

I really hope you can help.

Further to last, after some further investigation I have found (I think, fingers cross) the problem was in fact with our server setup. So my host said the logs suggested a memory limits so we increased the php vars allowed which seems to have resolve the issues I was having with constant critical errors.

I think there was also a problem with php7.0 and pro but after that the issues may have been the memory limit.

I hope that may help someone else and will come back if I have further problems.

Thank you for your time.

Hi @pyntolimited,

We’re glad that you’re able to figure it out and thank you for your tips! If you have any other concerns or clarifications regarding our theme features, feel free to open up a new thread.

Thank you.

Hi -
Could someone provide insights for our team? We provided our information in a new thread. We have not received any insights just yet.

Looking forward to getting this resolved.
Thanks.