Cornerstone - Pages not loading

Hi

After one of the recent updates, none of my pages will load any more in cornerstone for editing.

They are perpetually in loop like in the screenshot, saying that the address doesn’t look right.

How can I resolve this?

Thanks

Hello @shayanqadir,

Thanks for writing in!

Please go to Settings > Permalinks and update your permalink. Also, make sure that there are no “Performance” issues indicated in Tools > Site Health. If nothing is helping, provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hello @shayanqadir,

Thanks for sharing credentials I went ahead and checked your site dashboard. It seems that your PHP Memory Limit and PHP Execution Time Limit is less than 512M and 300 respectively.

I recommend the following troubleshooting.

Increase PHP Memory Limit

I recommend increasing the following server settings to the specified value or larger. Please consult your web host for all these server settings

PHP configuration recommended

memory_limit = 512M
upload_max_filesize = 512M
post_max_size = 512M
max_execution_time = 300
max_input_time = 300

If it doesn’t work for you please share your FTP details in the secure note.

Thanks

Hello @shayanqadir,

Thanks for updating in! I have logged in and checked your homepage. I do not have any issues loading the page.

You may have resolved your issue already. Check your site now.

@ruenel I have tried with both Firefox and Chrome browser and am still having the same problems… strange you can edit in cornerstone and I cannot, what might the issue be?

Hi @shayanqadir,

I suggest that you clear your browser cache or use incognito browser to edit your pages.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

I’ve tried what you’ve suggested and also used 4 different browsers and they all have the same result… each page is continuously loading but none of the elements show up. The same happens on another computer.

I’m not sure how @ruenel managed to load the page for editing but it’s not working on this end and I recommend to check again if it loads on a different browser / system.

Please help me resolve this since I can’t update anything and i’ve invested a lot of time developing my site with this theme, thank you.

Hello @shayanqadir,

The page loads on my end after several moments. Please go to Tools > Site Health > Information > Server. Your PHP time limit, upload max size, and post max size are a bit low. Please increase it to 300 and at least 64M. Kindly check out this article: https://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-increase-the-maximum-file-upload-size-in-wordpress/

Please let us know how it goes.

Hi @ruenel

I’ve made the changes as you’ve suggested. I’ve edited the .htaccess, wp-config, created a php.ini and edited the config on the host account through cpanel but still having the same problem.

Hi @shayanqadir,

I was able to see the issue on your site and I’m able to resolve it and able to open/edit a page in Cornerstone.

However, I was not able to pinpoint what was causing the issue.

What I did is, after I confirmed the issue on the builder (endless loading), I did deactivate all your plugin except Cornerstone. That made Cornerstone work. Then I activated the plugins one-by-one to see which of the plugins is causing the issue, but after I activated back all the plugins the issue did not come back (weird). But I notice the site back to being slow loading. If you deactivate all plugin on your site except Cornerstone, you’ll notice the site is faster, that means there is a plugin on your site that is causing an issue.

It’s up to you if you want to find it and get rid of it. It’s one of your 3rd party plugin so we can’t provide support for it.

I recommend you update these plugins to the latest versions.

X – Disqus Comments
X – Google Analytics
X – Smooth Scroll

You wont see the available updates for these plugins, so what you need to do is deactivate and delete these plugins, and reinstall them from X > Validation area. You can refer here for the latest versions of these plugins,

This one is deprecated, so delete it.
X – Typekit

Cheers,

That seems to have done it! Thank you very much :slight_smile:

Hi @shayanqadir,

You’re welcome and it’s our pleasure to help you! If you have any other concerns or clarifications regarding our theme features, feel free to open up a new thread.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.