Cornerstone not working, frozen?

Hello,

I am trying to work on my site www.thedentalpo.com and am currently in cornerstone. But the editor seems to be frozen? I am unable select any of the elements to edit? For example, I would like to add a video to section 3 but I am unable to select anything on the screen like normal.

Hello @PWhite2,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Please do the following general solutions because it needs to be done by you.

1. Please make sure that you are running PHP 7 or later on the server as running old version of PHP can have potential issues. You can refer following document for server requirement https://wordpress.org/about/requirements/1

2. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

3. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

4. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

5. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

6. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

7. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

8. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

If nothing helps, please give us WP Admin and FTP access in a Secure Note.

Thanks.

WOW Prasant,
first off, thank you. I think I may have just been demoted to “oh my goodness I have no idea what you just said I’m a baby web builder” position. I really did buy the Xtheme because of the “click” “drop” “go live” sales pitch. This site is something I put together as a favor for a friend. I am not a web developer. I’m afraid you are talking over my head. I can read and will wade through points 1-6. But points 7 & 8 just put me in frozen deer in headlights mode. I don’t understand what that even means. I am more then happy to give you full access to our site to do what ever magic needs to happen with points 7 & 8.

Hey @PWhite2,

Thanks for updating the thread. :slight_smile:

Somewhere down the line we all started as a beginner in any field that interest us that also includes web development. However, the support team at Themeco is there round the clock to help you with the issues so that you can have a great presence on the web.

X Theme, Cornerstone are indeed cool tools that will help you to design the layout. It’s our endeavour that customers have seamless experience while using X and Cornerstone. Most of the time they don’t face issues while using our products. However, we also need to understand that customers use X and Cornerstone on a range of hosting configurations. Sometimes, because of incompatible configurations, customers may face issues while using X and Cornerstone. You can take a look at the recomended hosting configuration laid out by the WordPress community here (https://wordpress.org/about/requirements/). Something we see regularly is not running the recomended version of PHP and limited memory.

Let me explain the logic behind point number 7 and 8. The reason why we are trying to reset .htaccess file is to regenerate a new .htaccess file that will have updated permalinks structure. On the other hand increasing memory limit ensures that the application has enough memory available to execute the scripts. To rename .htaccess file you will need FTP login. On the other hand to increase the memory limit, you can ask your hosting provider to do it for you.

In case problem is still there, please share website admin and FTP details for us to take a closer look.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.