Cornerstone not working and won't allow me to edit pages

My legal team has cleared me to allow Themeco access to my Dev server. I had to delete and remove all most everything as well as create a new DB user with very restricted rights.

The result is your left with one empty but faulty page with just one section on it. There is also an empty test page that I created two days ago. It should be enough for you to see the error I see and inspect the browser console dev tools for the cause.

I’ll attach the login info in the secure note.

Thanks

Brad

Hi @bradclarke10,

Thanks for the credentials, the pages are loading and there are errors similar to the ones provided above. Perhaps you can provide a video recording for this empty installation of the said issues?

Thanks!

Hi @Rad,

Just to clarify: You logged in and cornerstone worked, but errors in firefox dev tools were still present?

I’ll do a video.

Thanks

Brad

@Rad,

I’ll attach video link in secure notes.

Brad

Hi Brad,

That’s what I mean:

The weird thing is that I can get the page builder working fine on Firefox:

I wonder which Firefox version do you have? and on which OS?

Thanks.

Hey @Alaa,

Just tested Firefox, dom.indexedDB.enabled returns true… I didn’t even know those options existed. Learned something new.

I’m running Firefox 60.0.2 (64bit) on Windows 10, build 17134.112

Now, interestingly I tested Firefox on my girlfriends Mac and I get the same result, it won’t edit those pages. So it works for you guys with Firefox but not for us. Do I need an extension of some kind?

Any other ideas?

Thanks

Brad

Hello Brad,

I am another staff checking in. In my browser, I was having issues loading the page in Firefox. I edited the page but no preview displays. You can check my screen here: http://prntscr.com/jv5tyl

To get you started with working on the pages, I would highly suggest that you use Chrome browser instead. And if there are times that the Cornerstone does not have a preview, you can always use the skeleton mode when editing for faster response and easy access of the elements on the preview area.

I will be forwarding this issue to our developers so that they can investigate your issue further. Thanks for understanding.

Hey @RueNel,

I’m glad you were able to reproduce my problem and thank you for forwarding the issue to the developers.

Will this thread be updated when a fix is discovered?

Thanks

Brad

Hi Brad,

No this thread will not be updated.

You will need to monitor our changelog and check if the fix is included on the next release.

https://theme.co/changelog/

Thanks

Hey @paul.r,

Ok, I’ll monitor the changelog.

I’ll leave access open to my Devsite with the login I provided earlier for a few days, hopefully in that time if it’s needed the developers can check it. After that I’ll need to wipe it.

Thanks

Brad

Thanks Brad, I’ll inform our dev team about this three days period.

Thanks @Alaa and Themeco Team for the support.

I hope the Dev Team is able to fix the issue.

Brad

You are most welcome. :slight_smile:

Hi Brad,

I’ve tried editing pages (new and old) in both Firefox and Chrome. I’ve not been able to reproduce the error you’ve been seeing. Would you mind confirming what browser versions are being used? Also, would you happen to know any specific steps you’ve see trigger the error? I’ve tried many different things to try to get it to appear but I’ve not seen it on your site. Thanks!

Hi @alexander,

I’m running Firefox 60.0.2 (64bit) on Windows 10, build 17134.112

I don’t have to do anything but attempt to edit a page. Please see the video I posted above. I can create a new page but I cannot edit an old page inside Firefox. You can see all the steps I attempted in the posts above.

@RueNel was able to reproduce the same results and was forwarding the issue to the Dev Team. Could you reach out to him for his thoughts?

Thanks

Brad

Hi @,bradclarke10,

Just so you know @alexander is our lead developer. We asked him to check the case as we promised.

I totally understand that this is taking too long but the problem that we are facing is as follows:

1. This is happening only for your installation and we do not have other customers having such a problem.
  2. Only one of our support staff could reproduce the problem which I asked him to double check this thread.
  3. I also tested the case and I could change the ABout page and make the text a test. And also I could add an alert box to the test page. So that you can see I easily can change stuff with no issues.
  4. I used the Firefox in Mac.

Unfortunately, at the time being, we can not reproduce the issue that is why we do not have any solution to a problem that we can not recreate. The only suggestion that I can give at the moment is to use the Chrome browser when you want to work with the Cornerstone on that specific site.

Thank you for your understanding.

Hi @christopher.amirian,

I appreciate @alexander taking the time.

Hopefully @RueNel will be able to help. As you said he’s the only one able to reproduce.

It doesn’t look like many of the staff are running my config of windows 10 and firefox, I’m thinking @RueNel is or tested on it.

I’ll wait and see if @RueNel is able to shed light for @alexander.

Thanks

Brad

Hi @alexander and Support staff,

I made a new video that hopefully helps.

Oddly after creating a new page I was only able to edit once, afterwards same result as you’ll see.

For some of the video I opened firefoxs dev controls so you can see the errors load.

I’ll add the link in the secure notes.

Thanks

Brad

Hi @bradclarke10,

Thank you for the information. We will add this to our issue tracker for more consideration. If there is something that we could recreate in our installation and with the help of @RueNel we will help our development team to find a solution.

You will need to check our Changelog for the upcoming releases regarding this.

But at the moment the only solution we can give for your case is that you use the Chrome browser.

Thank you for your understanding.

Thanks @christopher.amirian,

If @RueNel is able to help will you update this post?

(Edit: I’ll keep my dev server open for support till 30th just in case)

Thanks

Brad