Cornerstone not saving and getting logged out

When I try to make changes to my site, Cornerstone will not save. I do not get any error message and I get logged out of Wordpress within a few minutes. I have updated X and Wordpress and cleared the cache.

Hello Stephanie,

Thanks for writing in! This sounds like a 3rd party plugin caused a plugin conflict, amongst other things. Please check out this troubleshooting article here and follow the instructions for the following sections (where appropriate):

Testing for Plugin Conflict
Theme Update
Child Theme
CSS/JS Customization
Increasing PHP Memory Limit
Disabling Cache
Disabling CDN

If nothing is helping, provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Thank you for the response. I have tested for plugin conflict, changed themes, cleared the cache. Wordpress and X are updated. There is an issue under my site health, stating it could not complete a loopback request.

Can/ should I delete the cornerstone plugin and then reinstall. Will this cause any site issues?

Hello Stephanie,

The given credentials do not work for us. It seems that the username or password is incorrect. Please double-check. In the meantime, you may need to re-install the Cornerstone plugin. Simply go to the Plugins section and deactivate Cornerstone. Delete it completely and go back to X > Validation and wait for a few moments while it is being installed in the background.

Meanwhile, please also double-check your Settings > General. Make sure that your WordPress dashboard URL is the same as the Site URL and WordPress Address URL.
_ site-url

For more troubleshooting help, please check this out:

Best Regards.

I deactivated, deleted and reinstalled Cornerstone. This did not fix the issue. I’m not sure why it is not saving.

Hello Stephanie,

I have logged in and check your site. I went to X > Settings > System and clear the style cache. When I edit the homepage, I can edit the page. It cannot save the page because it seems that some of the resources are coming from myFTPupload site. There’s a problem with your WordPress setup though. Some resource are blocked due to CORs policy/ Some resource are loaded from https://secureservercdn.net/166.62.112.219/p5n.992.myftpupload.com and your site is http://srtgraphicdesign.com/. Please contact your host to fix this.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.