Cornerstone not loading content on right

Cornerstone not loading content i added new template to the website basicquran.com but science the new updates all the editing quite different but the main problem I am having is that when open a page to edit in Cornerstone it does not show me visual so i know what changes are happening which as per the videos i see. i am uploading a pic so you can see what really is the problem so you can see i can not see any thing even i click on the area etc if somone can let me know that do i have to update any thing else for the front end editor to work it just shows the logo constantly.

Hey @basicquran,

We’re sorry to hear that you could not use Cornerstone fully. There are many possible factors that could cause that though. I’ll list the potential ones based on what I currently see on your site and screenshot.

1. You’re using optimization plugins namely Autoptimize and W3 Total Cache. To quickly test if they’re causing the issue, please clear all caches of those plugins and temporarily deactivate them.

If the issue’s fixed, one of them is certainly causing the issue. In this case, you’ll need to contact the developers or support of those plugins to teach you how to exclude the backend from being optimized and cached.

If the issue’s not fixed, please don’t activate your optimization plugins yet and proceed with further troubleshooting. Steps listed below.

Please just note that we’re not against optimization. In fact, we have a Performance Guide here: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/customizations-performance/210

The important thing to realize though is that optimization plugins are configured or should be configured depending on the overall setup of your WordPress site and our themes and plugins are just parts of your site. With that said, our guide might not work for your particular setup and we do not cover website optimization as part of our product support.

2. Another plugin could be causing the issue so try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

3. You’re using a child theme and if you’ve added custom codes in functions.php or in other templates and the code is outdated or contains errors, it could cause issues. You can quickly test if the issue is coming from the child theme by activating the parent theme. If it’s fixed, please hire a web developer to fix the custom codes. Please note that my statement includes custom codes found here in the forum. They’re only meant to provide customization guidance and not part of our product’s functionality.

4. Custom Javascripts can also cause preview issues. To test if this is the case, remove all custom Javascript codes found in your site. The common places are Theme Options > JS, Page JS, and Widget Areas.

Only if you have tested the factors above and none of them is the cause, please give us the following details in a Secure Note

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin Username and Password
  • FTP Access

Thanks.

yes it does effect with Autoptimize but that is an important plugin for speed but i turn it off for editing and then on after finishing work but it was never like that before

Hey There,

One of Autoptimize options minifies css and js files as well as changing the placement of certain code elements. X/Pro are minifying those assets by default and is using best practise when it comes to what and where files are enqueued so there is no need for this as there is no significant benefit of doing this. A traditional caching plugin like W3 Total Cache or WP Super Cache should be sufficient to achieve a great performance. Additionally using Cloudflare as a CDN and pre caching can be beneficial so giving this a try might be a great solution if you are looking for an alternative way for the best performance possible. Let me know if you have any specific questions related to this.

I Use W3 Total Cache but the speed test is not impressive and its a big difference is there any way to do it without it do let me know.

Hi @basicquran,

To be able to use the Autoptimize you need to exclude the Cornerstone assets from that plugin. Here is the list of assets that Cornerstone uses:

cornerstone/assets/dist/js/site/cs-head.13a2f57.js
cornerstone/assets/dist/js/site/cs-body.13a2f57.js
cornerstone/assets/dist/css/app/preview.13a2f57.css
cornerstone/assets/dist-app/js/cs-vendor.13a2f57.js
cornerstone/assets/dist-app/js/cs.13a2f57.js

The 13a2f57 portion in the filenames might differ depending on your installation and you need to find the correct portion using the Google Chrome Developer Toolbar Sources tab.

You can read more about the Google Developer Toolbar Source tab here.

Thank you.

thanks for that i will try to do so and see the results

Let us know how it goes,

Cheers!

just an update i tried it but didn’t do much of to my page speed so i had to revert it back to have a page speed in good ranks

but now i was seeing that My websites mobile menu does not work what could have happened

Hello @basicquran,

Your mobile menu is not displaying because there is a JS error on the page:

Uncaught ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined

jQuery may have been unloaded or may not have been included in the minified or cached version. Can you please temporarily deactivate the Autoptimize plugin for the moment while we will investigate this error in your homepage? If nothing is helping, provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Thank you in advance.

ok i will sent you the website details of login

Hello @basicquran,

I have temporarily deactivated Autoptimize and W3 Total Cache.
When I test your mobile menu, it just simply works. This would mean that the cached JS and CSS serve by Autoptimize and W3 Total Cache plugin were outdated and not using the code from the latest version of the site.

Please check your site with these two plugins deactivated. You can reactivate the plugins, test the site again and see how it goes.

but that was never the case before and i have updated all these plugins as and once i even delete and reinstall both the plugin after i updates the theme. it just happened when i updated the theme. do you want me to delete and reinstall both the plugin to see again if that works

i am getting a Apache Server at Port 443 and can not even open the site.
had to delete all the plugins and reinstall them
due to that at least i figured out that what was causing the mobile menu not to work
it was
“Add try-catch wrapping?
If your scripts break because of a JS-error, you might want to try this.” had to un-check that
but forgot all the settings that work with W3 Total Cache plugin, so will do rest tomorrow and update if some thing comes up.
if there is a post regarding the settings of W3 Total Cache plugin please do share so its easy and quick.

thanks

Hi @basicquran,

Thanks for sharing, and I recommend checking the optimization plugin documentation. Any plugin could cause that since it’s primary function is to alter any script for optimization.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.