Cornerstone not displaying to edit / section not displaying

Hello,
After a Wordpress update, I checked my site www.catquinney.com and the ‘Services’ section on the homepage was not appearing (just a blank white space where it should be), I updated all the plugins. I went into the Dashboard to edit the home page to see if I could tell why, after clicking ‘Edit in Cornerstone’, it simply would not display the homepage in edit, only the phone number at the top left. Please help,
Cat

Hello @CatDouglas

Thanks for writing to us.

There might be a few different reasons for this issue, I would suggest you troubleshoot with a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing for Plugin Conflict
  2. CSS/JS Customization
  3. Version Compatibility
  4. Child Theme Customization
  5. Permalink Issue
  6. Disabling Cache

I would recommend you the following troubleshooting.
1.) Increase PHP Memory Limit
2.) Increase PHP Execution Time Limit

I recommend increasing the following server settings to the specified value or larger. Please consult to your web host for all these server settings

PHP configuration recommended

memory_limit = 512M
upload_max_filesize = 512M
post_max_size = 512M
max_execution_time = 300
max_input_time = 300

If none of the above help, please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

It would be best if you could copy your live site to a staging server and send us credentials of your staging website so that we can investigate without breaking your live website.

Thanks

Thanks Prakash,

I’ve been through the plugin testing to a degree but then I realised that the services circles and the Technical Skills section only fail to appear until you change the browser width to wider or narrower.

Does this help to eliminate any potential causes in your eyes at all?

Cat

Hey Cat,

Yes, that does help. It sounds like you have enabled the Hide During Breakpoints feature. Please check that setting per element.

For more details, please see https://theme.co/docs/hide-or-show-content-by-device-size

Thanks.

Hello,
That’s good and thanks but I cannot access Cornerstone once I click to edit using it (mentioned above in more detail), all that shows is a blank white page with my phone number (and now underneath ‘Classic text’ at the top left.

Hello Cat,

In order to help you with your concern, please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • Exact page URL

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Okay have done.

Hi Cat,

To further investigate your issue we need to log in to your website, hope you will not mind sharing the login details.
Please provide login credentials for your site in a secure note, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

Hi @CatDouglas,

By withdrawing the posts it means that the issue is already solve on your end. If you have any other concerns, feel free to reach us.

Thank you.

Hello,
I have the same problem here.
Is there a way you could help me?

Hello @CatDouglas,

Thanks for sharing your login credentials. I went ahead and clone your Home page and tested. It seems that there is some in the Contact section’s Classic Text element. There is some invalid HTML markup in the Classic Text element of Contact section.
Home-testting-Content-X

After contact section text edit

Thanks

Thank you, I’ve compared the two and on my original homepage I’ve only deleted the Calendly widget script as wasn’t being used any way, that way my contact info is still present. That seems to have resolved the display issues, bizarre but it seems to have been Calendly.

I do still however have an issue using Cornerstone to edit the page, this is what I see (attached screenshot with phone number obscured at top left of main body area.

Best, Cat

Hello @CatDouglas,

I checked your page it seems that there is still issue in your HTML markup. Your paragraph tag closing tag is missing. It seems that [enkode] shortcode is not working properly.

If you can keep your markup like this then the builder would work properly.

Thanks

Please can you make those last two posts secure/private because they have my details on them? I did mention I obscured the number above! I need Enkode to prevent my phone number from getting into the hands of spammers. I’ve found another approach that covers email addresses.

I’ve tried to edit this text area and it won’t save.

Also you have left a live page on my website so on the Portfolio page, the menu includes ‘homethemeco’ on it and the search field and filters are obscured, please do not link this test home page to any menus.

Hello @CatDouglas,

I checked your site Dashboard. It seems that you have installed a cache and JS/CSS optimization plugin because of that the builder preview is not working properly. I have temporarily disabled the plugin and created a clone of the Home page called " Home Themeco". Please have a look at the contact section settings from here.

Thanks

Thank you but I only this afternoon just added the Autoptimise plugin, the Cornerstone builder was not working before that. I’ve reactivated it and I can still edit the Contact section on your temporary homepage, however I can see nothing on the body area of the Cornerstone in what would be the visual side.

I have also tested deactivating Autoptimise plugin and there is no difference to the Cornerstone build page, it’s still not showing up and only shows the phone number. I have decided to remove my phone number to test this.

Hello @CatDouglas

I checked your site Dashboard I have fixed the issue in the page called " Home Themeco" it is in the draft mode. Please find the video in the secure note.

Thanks

Thank you for your help but I need avoid spam, I’ve had to change my contact details to sit externally on my Google Business Profile and include a link here.

Hello @CatDouglas,

If you want to protect the email address in your website against bots or spam, you can search the plugins in WordPress plugin repository or you can try these plugin.

Please note that we have not tested these plugins at our end and we don’t provide any third-party support.

Thanks for understanding

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.