Cornerstone Media Library Image Upload Issue

Greetings,

I’ve updated Cornerstone to ver. 5.1.5 and WP to ver. 5.6. When trying to upload a new image - “Classic Banner Slideshow Item” on our home page via Cornerstone, selecting the image brings up the smaller version in the “Image” box of the “Inspector” window as expected. I click on the old image it goes away as it should. So far so good.

For a while the browser would lag, noting would happen. After 20 seconds or so I’d get a pop-up saying “A webpage is slowing down your browser”. I tried both Chrome and Firefox. I cleared all Caches I could locate, checked that the latest PHP is running. I tried deactivating the dozen or so WP plug-ins running, still no luck updating the “Classic Banner Slideshow Image” reliably.

After clearing the Caches and deactivating the plug-ins, testing and reactivating them, the lagging browser issue seems to have repaired its self? I’m now taken swiftly to the WP “Media Library” when pressing the “+” button to add a new image, this provided some hope but for not. When choosing an image from WP’s “Media Library” and selecting “Insert into post” - the images does, yes does appear in the little “image” window of the “selector” tool section. With crossed fingers I hit “Save” (orange) in the corner and get a green “your update was saved” message along the top of the page from Cornerstone. Yes but No :frowning:

When checking a live view of the site I get a “blank” page where the old image once was? When I go back into Cornerstone the image page is also now blank.

I now get a new message from Cornerstone under the missing image that says “The element failed to render. Additional error information may be found in your browsers developer tools”.

Looking forward to any assistance on this issue.

Regards, Bill

Hi Bill,

Thank you for reaching out to us. When you updated Cornerstone, did you update X to the latest version? Always make sure to update both X and Cornerstone to the latest version to avoid incompatibility issues and potential errors. You can find the latest version numbers here: (https://theme.co/docs/version-compatibility) Then you can compare them to what’s installed on your site. If you find anything to be out of date, you can review our update guide.

If the issue persists then please check for the following first:

1. INCREASING PHP MEMORY LIMIT
  2. DISABLING CACHE
  3. CHILD THEME
  4. TESTING FOR PLUGIN CONFLICT
  5. CSS/JS CUSTOMIZATION
  6. VERSION COMPATIBILITY

If you still have problems then please get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thanks!

Nabell,

Thanks for your quick and helpful message.

I don’t see that we’re using “X”? Is this easy to determine this? Would it be located within > Appearance > Themes?

Regards, Bill

Hello Bill,

Yes, You can go to your site dashboard(WP-ADMIN) Appearance—>Themes. Please have a look at the given screenshot below.

Pages-‹-Barber-Site-—-WordPress

Thanks

Hi, I’m helping Bill with this problem.

This site does not have X. It has a custom theme.

The site is hosted with wpengine. On the staging site, we are unable to update cornerstone. I tried disabling all other plugins besides cornerstone, and it still would not update.

I can verify the problem Bill listed above with the home page slider. The staging site may be seen here. https://vavoom1stage.wpengine.com/ Please note the non-image in position 2. When looking at the page source code, cornerstone’s “classic banner slideshow” doesn’t seem to be picking up the image url. I’ve tried adding the new image in various positions with the same result. I’ve tried different images, with the same result.

We welcome your help.

If an email reply is sent, please cc me at diane@engine8design.com.

Thank you in advance,
Diane

Hi Diane,

Sorry for the confusion, it seems that you are using the Cornerstone plugin only, not the X theme. Now, it will very difficult to recognize your problem without logging into it. Hope you will not mind sharing your website credentials. Please provide login credentials for your site in a secure note to examine it further, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

Hello Bill,

It appears that you are using WD Cornerstone Custom Elements plugin which is a 3rd party plugin. Please reach out to the creators of this plugin and make sure that it supports the latest Cornerstone version. The latest version is Cornerstone 5.2.2 by the way.

Best Regards.

The creator of the cornerstone plugin that we are using is listed as Themeco and links to theme.co. Please clarify for us.

Hello Bill,

Yes, you are correct the creator of the Cornerstone page builder is Themeco and we do provide the support of this plugin in our forum but the “classic banner slideshow” element is not coming from the Cornerstone plugin since we don’t have this element at the moment. These elements are coming from the WD Cornerstone Custom Elements plugin.

I have created one page at your server called “Test”, where I have added this element. Please have a look at the given screenshot below.

WD Cornerstone Custom Elements Plugin on Active State

Test-Content-Cornerstone

WD Cornerstone Custom Elements Plugin After Deactivate

This plugin is created by another author called Walthall Design. You can click on the Visit plugin site button to get in touch with the plugin author.

Please note that we don’t provide any third-party plugin support it is out of the support scope.

Thanks for understanding

Thank you for clarifying.

You are most welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.