Cornerstone isn't working after the update to 3.3

The disk keeps spinning and I cannot view the site.
I’ve sent through my login details in a secure note.
Regards, Drew

Hi Drew,

Thanks for reaching out. It looks like the secure note didn’t go through. Would you mind double checking and adding the login credentials? We’d be happy to check out what’s happening with the site.

Meanwhile, can you try clearing your browser cache, or using incognito/private browsing to access the site? We’ve observed several people having issues with the logo spinning that have turned out to be the be the browser using an old cached version of the application.

Hi Alexander,
I sent through the login credentials then cleared the browser cache and that seemed to work. Feel free to have a look for yourself though.
Cheers, Drew

Thanks! I’ve logged in and it’s working ok for me too. Glad to see clearing the cache fixed it!

Hi Alexander, I can now view the site through Cornerstone but cannot view any sections of the page to edit them once I select them.

Hi Drew,

Hope you’re well today.

Kindly update to the latest released version of X 6.3.4 and Cornerstone 3.3.4 which contains sone bug fixes.

Please make sure to clear your site and browser cache then check the page in Cornerstone.

Let us know how it goes.

Hi Jade,
I tried updating X and now I get the following meassage;
Briefly unavailable for scheduled maintenance. Check back in a minute.
It’s been about 10 - 15 mins

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in again!

The theme became updated smoothly without any error.

Also, I can able to create the page and edit with cornerstone without any issue.

Hope the issue has been fixed in your end too.

Thanks

Hi Basanta, The updates have been instalIed but nothing has changed. I cannot view any of the classic columns through Cornerstone to edit them. They appear blank, just like your test page above. Please look into this for me.

Hey Drew,

I see you’re using HTML and CSS minification in W3 Total Cache. Would you mind disabling those minification options, clear all caches and check your page in Cornerstone again. If that does not help, please deactivate your caching plugin and see again if that fixes the issue.

I also see you have a Custom CSS and JS plugin, would you mind deactivating it and all other third party plugin just to quickly see if it solves the issue?

Thanks.

Hi Christian, my web developer is still having issues after following your instructions & deactivating most of the plugin. Can you please log in and check this out?

Hello Drew,

Thanks for updating the thread.

I checked the page and can see empty sections. Can you please give us the permission to take a closer look at the website and troubleshoot the issue? While we troubleshoot, website may have layout issues in the meantime temporarily.

Thanks.

Hi Prasant. Sure. Please take a closer look and troubleshoot. I just ask that you fix any layout issues that occur as a result. Hopefully you can get to the bottom of this as it was working fine prior to the updates & more people visit my site on weekends. Thank you.

We’ve just pushed out a point release to fix a few more preview related bugs. Would you mind checking it out and letting us know if that makes a difference? Thanks!

Hi Alexander, I’m disappointed. After the latest up dates my website was all scrambled meaning I’ve had to turn it off/underconstruction. My developer then reverted back to an older version and I ran the updates again. The site is now displaying minus a few recent edits although I seem to be back to square one with cornerstone as it is not loading. Your support staff have requested to look at the site twice & I have given permission. When will that happen? There always seems to be issues when updates are released. I hope I can use Cornerstone soon.
Can you please look into this?

Hey Drew,

We understand that update issues are disappointing but we have logged in and looked at your site previously and we recommended solutions that we think is the cause of the issue at the time of troubleshooting.

Even until now though, I’m sorry but I have not yet discovered why empty columns were introduced in your home page only in Cornerstone. If you need a solution now, you can fix your page by manually set all your rows to 1 column only. Please watch my troubleshooting screencast in the secure note.

What we would need now to increase the probability of successfully tracing the cause of the issue is to revert your site from the old working state or old working version and then copy your site to a staging server and then give us access to the staging site’s WordPress Admin and FTP.

The benefits of doing that are:

• Your site returns to the working state
  • There’s no risk that your site will break because we’ll be troubleshooting the copy of your site
  • As a result of the previous point, we can efficiently troubleshoot

Your cooperation would be very much appreciated.

Hi Christian,
The issue with the classic columns was prior running the latest bug fix updates.If you log into my website you’ll see that cornerstone is not loading. If you think the best way to fix X theme/cornestone is to copy the site to a staging server, I’m happy to cooperate. Please keep me informed. I’m in Perth Western Australia, so probably in a different time zone. I look forward to your reply. Should I turn on the under construction app and pause google adwords?

Oh I see. Sorry about that. I thought those columns were introduced by the update which also made me wonder.

Activating under construction and halting other operations of your site are not necessary since the issue is only happening in the backend and only on your end. Cornerstone is working on our end.

Copying your site won’t fix the issue but it will help us discover the cause of the issue by doing the troubleshooting procedures. It’s not good to perform the procedures in your live site because it has the potential to break it.

As you can see in my screencast though, Cornerstone works so this must be caching related so what I’d currently recommend for your live site is, disable all features of W3 Total Cache, purge all caches and then completely uninstall it. Here’s a guide on how to completely uninstall it. I see Autoptimize also and it might have some caching also so please enable it and purge all caches in there. then deactivate it again. It would be best to uninstall it also. Also clear the browser caches after. At this point, you can check if the issue persists.

If it does, please copy your live site to a staging site by following the link I previously gave. Then, give us the staging’s WordPress Admin and FTP credentials.

Please also provide FTP access to your live site.

Thanks.

will send in a secure note

Hey Drew,

Would you mind providing us with FTP access. You’ve only given us WordPress Admin credentials.

Thanks.