Cornerstone is missing from Editor Role since last update

I have reinstalled Cornerstone, but still no sign of it in my Editors profile, as Administrator I have access though.

Has the latest release changed permissions? if so where do I change them now?

Hi There,

Thanks for asking!

The new version has a permission manager for each modules. Please check this for more clarification and help.

Hope this helps!

Had found that, and have looked at each of the options under permissions, but nowhere that I can see does it specify/ give the option to “allow Cornerstone” for a given role specifically Editor, can you please advise where this option is and why the update would have overwritten the previous permissions?

Thanks

The image is showing my Administrators view in the top and the Editors view below, showing Cornerstone without any editing capabilities

Hi @Fairbanking

Could you please try disabling your 3rd party plugins and test for a plugin conflict first.

If you’re still having issues, please provide us your WordPress login credentials along with your FTP information in a secure note, so that we can login to your site and investigate this issue further.

Thanks!

If Cornerstone is working fine for me as an Administrator, disabling 3rd party plugins is unlikely to change the behaviour of Cornerstone for Editors. But I will do so and revert

Problem remains, now there’s a surprise, Secure note provided

Having disabled 3rd party plugins for 9 hours now, I will need to reinstate some of them shortly so the site maintains its user functionality, can you please advise when I might expect a response?

I was sure I set up the above WP Admin account correctly…I have now, sorry

John

Waiting 20 hours for a response feels as if I have been forgotten

Hello There,

Just for future topics, self responding or bumping your post pushes it back in our Queue system so it takes longer to respond to.

I have logged in to your dashboard and it shows that the Editor role is only allowed to publish. He cannot add do anything else. Please toggle all permissions or at least select the things you want the Editor to do when using Cornerstone.

You can check this settings in X > Settings > Permission and make sure that you are in the Editor tab.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, just so you know, I checked, and there is no where I can see that states that self responding results in a push back, perhaps it could be made clearer?

Perhaps if you were to provide an indicator of how my request is doing in the Queue, I would have had some confidence of progress.

You will notice I had waited 9 hours before I self responded, and then to acknowledge I may not have given you what was requested correctly. Simple maths says if I had got it wrong, and I had waited till you responded with that message, I would be no worse off than I was, so I did not loose anything in that case with your regime, which might I suggest could be a little accommodating in such cases.

Likewise, this new Permissions function, I am unclear as to 1 why it did not inherit the old permissions, which would have saved me days. 2 I toggled All Permissions for the Pages option and that still did not result in an Editor having Cornerstone functionality…so I guess there are other permissions that you did no mention, that I also need to set. Some form of "Tooltip against the various checkboxes would be a step, but perhaps a document that illustrates what each check box permits.

I have just toggled all permissions on in Global blocks and the Editor profile is still refusing to allow Editing.

So I really would appreciate your assistance…

Hello There,

Please understand that we provide support in our community forum 24/7/365. Support questions are answered in the order received and responses may take up to 24 hours (typically sooner). Complex questions or busy times may take longer.

The new Permissions feature was mentioned in our changelog (https://theme.co/changelog/#theme-pro-2-1-0-theme-x-6-1-0-cornerstone-3-1-0).
This feature were also explained in details which can be found here: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/permissions/32879/1

Please also understand that the Global Blocks cannot be edited in Cornerstone. You should be editing it in X > Global Blocks.

So that we can compare, please create two separate credentials. One is an administrator and the other is just an editor. And please make sure that you are using the latest version of Pro 2.1.6 or X 6.1.6 and Cornerstone 3.1.6

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.