Cornerstone interface issues

Hi there

I’m trying to build a site for a client but keep having continuing issues with WordPress/X/Cornerstone. I’m really at a loss as to how to fix this now - I have never had these issues before!

First issue: Inserting any image into an element in Cornerstone. As soon as I click ‘+’ to insert the image, I get a weird box pop up over the top of the Cornerstone menu on the left hand side and all the image options are muddled up with the regular Cornerstone options (see screenshot).

Second issue: Whole sections of the Cornerstone menu are not visible/available to me. For example, trying to add a background image to a section and all Cornerstone will allow me to do is add a background color (see screenshot).

I have already tried the following to fix these issues:

• Increase PHP memory
  • Reinstall WordPress (I have done this and the website host has also done this)
  • Deactivate all plugins (currently only have Cornerstone and Slider Revolution plugins active)
  • Clear browser cache, cookies, etc.
  • Log out and log back in to WP dashboard

I’m really getting to the end of my tether with this, these issues have been ongoing for four weeks now. Like I said, I’ve never had anything like this happen before. I’m really hoping someone here can point me in the right direction!! Thanks in advance for any light you can shed.

EF510F5B-CB68-48D7-A652-4CEE95BFB40E|461x427

Hey Louisa,

Regarding the background option first, enable the Advanced Mode setting in the Preferences.

Regarding the image option issue, it is my first time seeing and since you’ve tested some solution already, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thanks.

Thanks so much Christian.

Hi Louisa,

I tried to login but your security plugin blocked my access to your site, can you please disable the security plugin temporarily so we can take a look at your setup.

Thanks!

Thanks Nabeel - sorry about that. It should be accessible for you now.

Right away I can see that I can now upload images (I have fixed the advanced settings - thanks!). Do you think this could be a compatibility issue between X and Sucuri? If so, what can be done to fix it? I am building this site for a client and she is determined to keep Sucuri, but has already paid for X (and I only build sites with X). Thanks!

Hello Louisa,

It seems that the given credentials are not working.

Please double-check it.

Apologies - try the following:

Hi Louisa,

Regretfully it is still the same. The password seems incorrect.

Please double-check it again.

Okay thank you. My client had changed her password. Please use the following credentials:

Hello Louisa,

I have a login and I no longer see any issue. When I insert an image and click the “+” button, it displays the media popup already.

Kindly clear your browser cache or use private browsing mode and test again.

Thank you - yes I am no longer experiencing issues either, and I think Sucuri compatibility must be the problem. Can you advise whether X/Cornerstone has been tested with Sucuri? My client’s had no problems using Sucuri with Wordpress in the past. Thanks!

Hi Louisa,

The X theme and Cornerstone plugin have no issues with Sucuri. Just make sure that you are using the latest version of WordPress, the X theme and all of your plugins.

Best Regards.

Okay thank you!

You’re most welcome,

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.