Cornerstone Error with X Theme - Serializer

Hi,

I’m really struggling with a problem that whenever Cornerstone is installed, there is a critical error for any logged in users.

Please could you support me in fixing the issue. I have tried disabling all other plugins and I have been on PHP 7.4 for months. I’ve tried downgrading PHP, then upgrading again and tried a fresh reinstall of Cornerstone.

I have added login details to secure notes.

`

Error Log

Fatal error : Uncaught Exception: Invalid input: in /home/clubberc/theconfidentteacher.com/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/Parsy/Serializer.php:40 Stack trace: #0 /home/clubberc/theconfidentteacher.com/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/Tss/Environment.php(49): Themeco\Cornerstone\Parsy\Serializer->unserialize(’’) #1 /home/clubberc/theconfidentteacher.com/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/Services/Tss.php(56): Themeco\Cornerstone\Tss\Environment->import(‘elements-base’, ‘’) #2 /home/clubberc/theconfidentteacher.com/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/Services/Tss.php(40): Themeco\Cornerstone\Services\Tss->import(‘elements-base’) #3 /home/clubberc/theconfidentteacher.com/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/Plugin.php(38): Themeco\Cornerstone\Services\Tss->init() #4 /home/clubberc/theconfidentteacher.com/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/Util/IocContainer.php(72): Themeco\Cornerstone\Plugin->Themeco\Cornerstone{closure}(‘Themeco\Corners…’, in /home/clubberc/theconfidentteacher.com/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/Parsy/Serializer.php on line 40

`

Hello @tristan1990,

Thanks for writing to us.

It might be the issue of version compatibility. Please make sure your theme, plugins, WordPress, and the PHP version are updated as per our version compatibility page. I would suggest you please purge all the cache. I would suggest you troubleshoot a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing For Theme Related Issue
  2. Testing For Plugin Conflict
  3. Theme Update
  4. Child Theme
  5. Css/Js Customization
  6. Increasing Php Memory Limit
  7. Disabling Cache
  8. Disabling Cdn
  9. Permalinks
  10. Version Compatibility

If none of those work, It would be best if you could copy your live website to your staging area. and send your details in a secure note so that we can investigate your setting without breaking your live site. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • FTP Details

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

1 Like

Hi.

Cache has been purged. Please see details on the secure note, as I have tried everything from previous similar posts.

Thanks

Hello @tristan1990,

It seems that there is an issue with your child theme, I went ahead and deactivate the child theme and activate the X theme, please check your site now it is working fine now. Please note we don’t provide any customized child theme support. It is out of the support scope.

Steps I took to fix it.

1. Access the file through FTP wp-content/plugins/ renamed the cornerstone folder.
  2. Accessed the wp-admin dashboard
  3. Deleted the Cornerstone plugins from the plugin list
  4. Activated the X theme
  5. Reinstall the Cornerstone plugin

Hope it helps
Thanks for understanding

No problem about the child theme, I can sort that.

Thank you for taking the time do do that, I’m sure I’d tried that but I’m glad it works.

Thanks for your help.

Hello @tristan1990,

Glad that we were able to help you. Please feel free to open a new thread if you have any more concerns.

Thanks

Hi,

Sorry, but the issue has presented itself again and I’ve had to disable Cornerstone. Is it possible for you to look using the details in the secure notes?

Hi @tristan1990,

I have checked your website but didn’t find the issue as the Cornerstone is not activated. I have also checked the debug.log file and found the issue you described here. To investigate it further, we need to deactivate the plugins and check the files of the plugin and the theme, it might affect your live site. I would suggest you please copy your live site to a staging server so we could troubleshoot freely without breaking your live site.
And give us access in the secure note including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password
– FTP/CPanel credentials to access the file in staging

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

Hi. Thanks. Please see secure note attached, with access to staging server

Hello @tristan1990,

I have renamed the Cornerstone and tried to access your site dashboard but the given login details are not working. Please follow the steps of the above posts or share the correct login details.

Thanks

Sorry, drop the hashtag off the end of the password! Corrected on the secure note

Hello @tristan1990,

Please check your site now. I had followed the same steps that I had mentioned in the above posts.

Thanks

Hi,

I haven’t touched the staging site and the issue has reappeared. Please could you check the staging site. It also affected the main site too. Any help greatly appreciated.

It seems to be okay for a few hours, then the issue presents itself again.

thanks

Hi @tristan1990,

I have renamed the Cornerstone folder through the FTP and followed the below steps.

1. Delete the existing Cornerstone from Plugin lists.
  2. Used the link in the dashboard to automatically install the Cornerstone. It will be in the latest version.

And now it is working perfectly fine.

I would suggest you follow the same steps for your live server and check if that works for you.

Thanks

That’s the problem though, that is what somebody supporting did yesterday on the staging site and now it doesn’t work again after about 10hours.

Can you provide more support please, as it seems going around in circles a bit!

Hi @tristan1990,

It is very difficult to recognize the reason why the issue is coming back. It might be something else that creates the problem. If you face the same problem after a few hours, I would suggest you followed the same steps and deactivate all other plugins and check if that issue comes back again. If not, then it might be some plugin that is the reason. If yes, then you need to contact your Hosting Service provider to check if any external script or code is creating the problem.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.