Cornerstone element preventing my from saving my front page

I Was editing my front page on cornerstone and all of a sudden it stopped allowing me to save. It’s specific to my front page, but I can’t figure out what’s causing this issue. I tried deleting my cache, changing password, saving other pages, removing CSS and none of that is the problem. It’s specific to the front page. I tried deleting different elements and still won’t save. I need to complete this page tonight, so hopefully you can help me resolve this issue. Thank you.

Hi Bryan,

Thank you for writing in, did you add some script specific to your front-page (homepage)? a broken HTML markup is also a possibility If so try removing it.

Please provide us login credentials in a secure note so we can take a closer look.

Cheers!

Hi Bryan,

Thank you for the credentials, I investigated the issue and it seems to be a plugin conflict with Smart Slider 3. Regretfully we can not provide support for third-party plugins or scripts due to the fact that there is simply no way to account for all of the potential variables at play when using another developer’s plugin or script. Because of this, any questions you have regarding setup, integration, or troubleshooting any piece of functionality that is not native to X will need to be directed to the original developer.

In the meantime to edit/save your homepage, deactivate the Smart Slider 3, and just reactivate it back after you save your changes.

Cheers!

I deactivated Smart Slider 3, but it is still doing the same thing and not saving. I was able to save a few changes, but then it went back to doing it. Any new suggestions?

Hello Bryan,

I have tried editing your homepage. And I am getting an error 500:

https://humanity-x.com/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php 500 (Internal Server Error)

Please go to the link in the secure note and see the site health status. You might need to improve it.

Can you help me clear this if I provide access to wordpress? I’m not sure what all this means.

“The REST API is one way WordPress, and other applications, communicate with the server. One example is the block editor screen, which relies on this to display, and save, your posts and pages.”

Hey Bryan,

When I save your home page, I also see another 500 Internal Server Error with cornerstone-endpoint. That’s in addition to the admin-ajax.php error that Ruenel pointed out.

The common cause of the cornerstone-endpoint issue is it’s being blocked by a security system like Mod Security. Please ask your web host to temporarily disable Mod Security or other security software in the server and test if you can save your home page. If that does help, ask your web host to whitelist cornerstone-endpoint from Mod Security.

While you have your web host support on chat, ask them also to increase your server’s Memory Limit to 512M.

Only if the 2 suggestions were done and none of that applies or helps, please give us FTP credentials in a Secure Note.

Thanks.

I had my web host make these changes and it saved the homepage for a minute…and then stopped working. This is becoming very obnoxious given I am not using many plugins or doing anything out of the norm. I need to get this resolved ASAP and I can’t launch my website and share it with investors until this is addressed. I need support to access my account and get this addressed,

Hey Bryan,

We’re sorry to hear that it didn’t work. It’s weird that it worked just for a minute though.

Yes, we need FTP access or cPanel access of your web host to investigate the issue further. We can’t promise a fix though as this is a web hosting issue. Our products work flawlessly in quality web host even in a lowest hosting package in Namecheap. If your traffic is high, you need a much better host.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.