Home Page Issues After Latest Cornerstone Update Downloaded

Hey Guys,

Just wondering if you can please help me out with a Critical Error I’ve run into today after installing the latest update of Cornerstone.

Critical Error:

1.) I am now unable to SAVE changes made to my Home Page?
2.) I am now unable to RETURN from my Home Page to my WordPress Dashboard (whether I attempt to make a Home Page change or not) without a Critical Error?

Error Message Says:

“There has been a critical error on your website. Please check your site admin inbox for instructions.”

Notes:

This error message is ONLY received on my trying to work on my Home Page, all other pages appear to work as normal.

Logon Details Are:

Contained in Secure Note with this email

WordPress Home Page Found at;

Go To:

Pages > Page 2 > (named) Home Page - Front Page > Edit with Cornerstone

I don’t know what has happened after downloading the update, but could you please take a look at this for me and let me know how to get my Home Page working again.

Thank you and it would be most appreciated.

Regards,

Simon

Hi Simon,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I tried saving the changes on your homepage and I’m getting the 500 (Internal Server Error). You’re having the same issue as this thread Cornerstone element preventing my from saving my front page please follow the suggestion in the thread.

In the mean time please check for the following too:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. If you’re using a caching plugin, clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugin and other optimization plugins. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

3. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

4. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

Let us know how this goes!

Dear Nabeel,

In response to your last communication with me…

My Home Page 500 (Internal Server Error) has been fixed.

The ONLY way my web hosting company was able to achieve the fix was to create a NEW Home Page.

QUESTION:

As a quick fix to rebuild my Home Page, I downloaded from the DESIGN CLOUD > INTEGRITY BANDS to use as a replacement Home Page.

I was expecting to download the 5 Sections as seen on the Integrity “See it Live” link to use to rebuild my Home Page?

Where are the 5 Integrity SECTIONS as seen on “See it Live” that I was expecting to download and then use?

Many Thanks

Simon

Hi Simon,

The INTEGRITY BANDS is an entire site demo if you install that it will automatically replace the layout/content of your homepage to that of the demo, and will change the configuration of the Theme Options as well.

Design Cloud

On a side note, I see your X theme one update behind, please update X theme to the latest version.

Updating Your Themes and Plugins

Remember to clear all your caching features (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Thanks,

Thank you friech for your reply to my message.

The support I have always received from you guys at APEX has always been first class.

Have a nice day!

You’re more than welcome, glad we could help.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.