Cornerstone editor not working "front end error"

Hello,
I am having an error message on my Cornerstone editor that something on the front end of my site is preventing Cornerstone from working.

Sometimes I can edit in the editor but it doesn’t work quite right and the edits don’t show up on my site. At the same time this happened to me, yesterday, I noticed that the left sidebar of the Cornerstone editor had some new options. Was Cornerstone updated or changed?

I have looked at other articles such as
https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/popular-questions/204 and https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-customizer/196
but I am very new to this and did not understand much of the suggestions.

I tried deactivating my plugins but that did not help. I also tried clearing my cache. I don’t believe I am using Cloudflare. I don’t remember installing that. I also checked in my settings to make sure my site is an https:// site.

I will provide my username/pass/url in a secret note.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
J

Hi,

I could not replicate the issue in your site.

I tried cornerstone in your pages and post but it always work.

Try to clear your browser cache and check again.

Thanks

Hi Paul,
I have cleared my browser cache and updated X and Cornerstone.
I no longer get an error message but I still cannot edit. When I open Cornerstone, I cannot add sections, make edits, or Inspect elements.

Do do you have any suggestions for me?
Julia

Hi Julia,

I’m a different staff and I was able to edit your pages and save changes as well (https://snag.gy/AmN70P.jpg). What’s the browser you’re using ? Is it possible to test this issue with another browser ?

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

Thank you for your help and for giving this a second look!

I switched to a third browser (Google Chrome), cleared that cache, and everything is working as it used to! Firefox was the browser I couldn’t get to work with Cornerstone, even after clearing the cache. Not sure what the issue is there.

Thanks!!!
Julia

Hi Julia,

I have also checked with Firefox and it works fine on my end which means this is related to your end only.

Could you please try following this guide and test your Firefox again.

Thanks!