Cornerstone editor not loading, wheel spinning

When going into the Cornerstone editor on the website the wheel just keeps on spinning without loading anything. This is soooooo frustrating. I was having the issue before, then it stopped, and now it is occurring again. The website is www.cachc.ca if you can provide some support. Thank you!

Hello @cachc,

Thanks for writing to us.

It might be an issue of plugin conflict or version compatibility or a cache issue. I would suggest you troubleshoot with a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing For Theme Related Issue
  2. Testing For Plugin Conflict
  3. Theme Update
  4. Child Theme
  5. Css/Js Customization
  6. Increasing Php Memory Limit
  7. Disabling Cache
  8. Disabling Cdn
  9. Permalinks
  10. Version Compatibility

If none of those work, It would be best if you could copying your live website to your staging area. and send your details in a secure note so that we can investigate your setting without breaking your live site. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • FTP Details

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hello @cachc,

Please go to Tools > Site Health. make sure to resolve all the performance issues because it is affecting the builder. You can check all your server configurations in Tools > Site Health > Info > Server as you may need to increase your PHP Time Limit as well. Check out this article for some help:

Kindly let us know how it goes.

I did that to the best of my ability, but no luck. I think I may just stop using Theme X and Cornerstone. This is getting too frustrating. Unless you’re able to help further.

Hello @cachc,

I checked your site it seems that the Cornerstone builder is working fine at my end. It might be an issue with the browser cache. I would suggest you clear your browser cache and then check it again or check it in the private mode of the browser.

Thanks

I don’t understand what’s going on. I fully cleared my browser cache, and also tried it in incognito (private) mode. The Cornerstone builder still will not load.

I use Chrome. So after I tried both clearing cache and trying private mode, I also went and used the Microsoft browser. It still wouldn’t work.

Hello @cachc,

It is working at my end please have a look at the video in the secure note. I have checked it in Google Chrome 91.0.4472.77 version. Can you please let us know which version you are using? I would request you please let us know the exact page URL in which you are testing.

Thanks

I am trying to open theme options: https://www.cachc.ca/x/theme-options

I have also tried opening Cornerstone from the Theme X menu, and have tried to open several pages using Cornerstone. None of them work. I will check which version of Chrome I have installed.

I also am using Chrome Version 91.0.4472.77 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Please let me know which video “in secure note”. I don’t see any secure notes from you with videos. Thanks for your help.

Never mind…I think you were referring to the still image you sent in secure note, not a video,

I looked at the video. That’s exactly what I’m doing and it’s not working. I tried the staging site, and it’s working on the staging site when I try it. But it’s not working on the live site. Did you make any adjustments to the staging site? I haven’t done anything to the live site since I created the staging site for you, so I’m puzzled as to why it’s not working. Thanks.

Hello @cachc,

No, I did not perform any adjustments at your staging server, It seems that there is a server cache at your live site. I would suggest you clear the server cache and then check it again. If it doesn’t work for you please follow these steps

1. Delete the Cornerstone plugin
  2. Activate the default WordPress theme
  3. Delete the X theme.
  4. Download the X theme from your Themeco Dashboard.
  5. Install the latest version of the X theme.
  6. Install the Cornerstone plugin from the Dashboard link

In case if it doesn’t work for you please share your FTP details in the secure note.

Thanks

I will try clearing the server cache. If that doesn’t work, and I try deleting and re-installing X theme and Cornerstone, will that erase content on the site?

Hey @cachc,

No, it won’t erase content.

Cornerstone is not working in your live site when I checked though and the reason for that is there’s an error in your server. Please forward the following screenshot to your web host to fix the issue with your server.

Once that 500 Internal Server Error is fixed, check if you can access Cornerstone. If it still doesn’t work, after your web host fix that server issue, please give us the following information still in a Secure Note.

• cPanel or FTP access

Thanks.

I will send this to them and hope they can fix it. Do you where (in which file) this error is located?

Hi @cachc,

It might be an issue related to your Hosting Server or the File or Folder permissions which blocking the resources to be loaded. I went ahead and check a page and found it loaded properly in the Cornerstone builder.

I would suggest you check once by clearing all types of cache and in the incognito/private mode of the browser.
Thanks

I am contacting our web host now. Actually, our site doesn’t seem to be loading properly for me at all right now. I tried it in normal and private browser modes.

Hi @cachc,

Please let us know the feedback from your Hosting Service provider on this.

Thanks

1 Like