Cornerstone editor not loading, wheel spinning

I worked with the web host. We deleted old plugins and themes, installed new faster caching plugin (WP super cache) and I reduced nodes and space use on the database. They said they could get the page builder to load on the live site. I tried, and I couldn’t. I cleared all browser cache and I also rebooted my modem, at their instruction. THey said that should work and I should be able to load the page builder. Nope, still not able to load the page builder. What is going on???!!! Can you look at it again and see if you can figure out what the problem is now?

I was on with the web hosting service for over an hour troubleshooting. I still can’t access the page builder. The tech person was able though. I have no idea what’s happening. Can you diagnose again? I have one fairly simple change I need made to the site, which is very urgent. If we can’t figure out my access, I’m hoping you would be willing to make that small change for now, until we can figure things out.

Hi @cachc,

Unfortunately, it can’t diagnose by us as we are able to see the pages are loading into the Cornerstone. It seems to be a problem with your end only, can you please check if any browser extension is the reason behind your issue. I would also suggest you update your browsers if that is not done yet.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

I’ve tried many things including closing all browser extensions. I will continue trying things but there is one change that I need on the site that is very, very urgent. I need to replace the header (our logo) with a new image. I have some major activities happening today and need the new logo on our site. If I send the image file to you would you be able to do this one thing for me, please?

Hi @cachc,

The logo can be changed from the Theme Options > Header > Logo. I went ahead and change it at your staging* site. And also checked your live site and found the image is already replaced. If you are not able to see the updated image, I would suggest you check once by clearing all types of cache and in the incognito/private mode of the browser.

I would also request you please deactivate and delete the X and re-install it by downloading from your Themeco Account by following the below steps and check if the issue is resolved.

1. Delete the Cornerstone, if already installed
  2. After the X theme is updated, use the link in the dashboard to automatically install the Cornerstone. It will be at the latest version

Hope it helps.
Thanks

No, the old logo is still there, right above the main navigation menu. The maple leaf and our name Eng/Fre is the OLD logo. It has not been replaced. And my request to you, to please change the image, is because I still cannot access the page builder via our live site or the staging site. I am having a major issue with getting it to work for me. I cannot access Theme Options. Could you PLEASE replace the image on the live site with the one that I gave you. I would really appreciate this. It is very urgent for us. Then I will go and try the other steps that you suggested for fixing access to the page builder.

Hi @cachc,

I have downloaded the image provided by you in your previous post and uploaded it to your staging site and replaced the old logo. And please remember that you can change the logo from Theme Options > Header > Logo you don’t need the Cornerstone to be loaded.

Theme-Options-X (43)

This is from your live site.

Theme-Options-Pro (89)

NOTE: It has been also found that the live site was using X previously and now it is using Pro.

Thanks

Yes, I deleted the theme and re-installed per your instructions and now I am able to edit, accessing Theme Options etc. With Pro, do I still need Cornerstone? I cannot locate where to re-install it.

Hi @cachc,

Pro has a built-in cornerstone, in other words, you don’t need to install a cornerstone plugin as X theme does.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

Perfect. ThHank you!

Hello @cachc,

Glad that we were able to help you. Please feel free to reach us if you have any queries regarding our theme and theme settings.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.