Cornerstone editor buttons not visible

The Cornerstone editor loads fine, but most of the editor buttons are not visible when trying to create a new page or edit existing one. I can hover the mouse over the areas, and popup appears, but this is not a workable solution for a “visual” editor.
I have disabled Cloudflare, cleared/purged cache on everything including browser, disabled all other plugins except those packaged with X and cornerstone, etc. to no avail.
It is the same regardless of the browser I use.
What am I overlooking? How can I correct this so I can edit easily again?

Hi @bcwarner,

Thank you for writing in, unfortunately, the issue is still not clear for us until we see it first hand. please provide us login credentials on a “Secure Note” so we can take a closer look.

In the meantime, please navigate to X > Settings > Permissions and make sure the user role that you’re using has all the access needed.

Cheers,

Thank you .
Credentials sent

Hello @bcwarner,

It might be the issue of cache, I would suggest you follow the below steps to reinstall the X theme

1. Delete the Cornerstone
  2. Activate the Default WordPress theme and delete the X theme
  3. Download the X theme from the Themeco Dashboard
  4. Install the X theme.
  5. Install the Cornerstone plugin from the dashboard link

I would also suggest you troubleshot a few common issues on this.

1. Testing For Theme Related Issue
  2. Testing For Plugin Conflict
  3. Theme Update
  4. Child Theme
  5. Css/Js Customization
  6. Increasing Php Memory Limit
  7. Disabling Cache
  8. Disabling Cdn
  9. Permalinks
  10. Version Compatibility

If none of those work, It would be best if you could copying your live website to your staging area. and send your details in a secure note so that we can investigate your setting without breaking your live site. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • FTP Details

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Thank you.
I’ll work on the first 5 steps.
The last 10 common items I spent all day researching and diagnosing yesterday. Unfortunately, It doesn’t appear to be any of the common culprits.

Hello @bcwarner,

Thanks for checking the common issues. Please try the steps as mentioned in the above posts and let us know how it goes.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.