Cornerstone editing options disappeared following updates to: Cornerstone 4.2.3 WP: 5.6 and X: 7.2.3

Hi,

My edit using Cornerstone options seem to have disappeared following updates to Wordpress which were applied this morning. I can no longer create a page using Cornerstone. If I try to edit an existing page which was originally created in Cornerstone, the option is not available there either.

As in the post title, I’m using:
Cornerstone 4.2.3
Wordpress 5.6
X 7.2.3

It appears there are no more recent updates available.

Can you offer any help with this please?

Thanks,
Paul

As an update to the previous post: I am wondering if this issue is being caused by a conflict with WPBakery page builder, which is failing to update to the latest version of 6.4.2 with the message ‘update package not available’. Just a thought…

The domain is themusicmanproject.com

Thanks

Hi Paul,

This might be due to the version compatibility issue with WordPress, we strongly recommend that you stick with the versions listed in our version compatibility page for now to avoid issues.

Thanks

Hi, OK I wrongly presumed I should apply all available updates unless they are in beta.

How can I roll back to WordPress 5.3.2, presuming that is what you are suggesting? I obviously need to get things working as normal again.

Thanks

Hi @paulcarpenterfilms,

You can use WP Downgrade to rollback your WordPress version, please check it here.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

Thanks. I did that and successfully downgraded to Wordpress 5.5.0 which your document lists as ‘recommended’ - but it did not solve the problem. In fact, this introduced a bunch of new problems related to Slider Revolution. I have just taken Wordpress back up to 5.6 in order to get those things working again - I guess Slider Revolution was updated with WP 5.6 and no longer likes 5.5.

Any other suggestions regarding the original issue of Cornerstone not working?

Thanks

Hello @paulcarpenterfilms,

To better assist you with your issue, kindly provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hi, There was no secure note option on this reply so I added to the info to my previous comment securely.
Thanks

Hi @paulcarpenterfilms,

It seems that you are still using the older version of the Slider Revolution plugin. We strongly recommend that you stick with the versions listed in our version compatibility page for now to avoid issues.

You may also find a solution posted in this thread: Wordpress 5.6 Revolution Slider 6.3.2 problem (Solved: upgrade 6.3.3)
I would also recommend you to check the 3rd party plugins and the compatibility with the latest version of WordPress, it seems few of them are causing the issues.

Specifically, the following one:

1. WooCommerce Blocks
  2. GDPR Cookie Consent.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

Hi,
Thank you, that is very helpful. The Slider Revolution update was not available yesterday but is actually working again today. I have deactivated the other two plugins and Cornerstone seems to be fixed now.

Thanks again,
Paul

Hi Paul,

Glad that we are able to help you.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.