Cornerstone content page showing on website but not editable via PRO 3.2.3; not showing on website with PRO 4.1.5

I took over a website that was using the X Theme but needed a new license. We purchased the PRO theme. Most of the pages open in PRO 3.2.3 fine. One or two of the pages, I found, open in the TEXT tab and show only code in the VISUAL tab. When I click on the PRO tab to edit I get a warning that all content will be lost so I “go back” to the TEXT tab.

These pages display fine to the visitor except after updating the site today. After the update their code would show in the TEXT and VISUAL tabs but would not show on the website.

After restoring several backups, I decided to update plugins one by one and test. WP and all plugins - all updated - are not the issue as the affected page(s) are showing. The only update remaining is PRO.

The code in the TEXT and VISUAL tabs appear to be Cornerstone content.

My guess is there is something in 4.1.5 that is not “rendering” the page. The main goal is to keep the page showing to visitors while being able to upgrade PRO to 4.1.5. A secondary goal is how can I get this code to be editable via the PRO tab.

Thank you.

Hello Jan,

Thanks for writing in! Please be advised that only pages created with Cornerstone or the Pro Editor can be edited in the Pro Editor. You are not supposed to switch between editors as it might corrupt the Pro editor data which you may no longer be able to edit back to the Pro Editor.

To better assist you with your issue, kindly provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi Jan,

I just check some of your pages and they are just working fine. As my colleague said, maybe of your pages was edited outside the cornerstone that’s you are just seeing a builder code then you hit you click the edit Pro button it says it gets a warning that all content will be lost. I suggest that you find a backup where the pages are not yet edited outside the cornerstone and save it as a template then upload it to your live website or worsts case scenario, you need to redo the page from scratch.

Hope that helps and thank you for understanding.

Thank you for your reply but I am still a bit confused. Your reply suggests the content might have been edited outside Cornerstone and that might be why I am only seeing the “builder” code.

Can “builder” code still contain the “cs” coding such as “[cs_content][cs_section bg_image= . . .”?

I note the code also contains references to “x” such as “[x_custom_headline level=“h1” . . .”

What code do you see that might indicate it is not compatible with Pro or X?

Thanks for taking a fresh look at this . . .

Hi Jan,

Let me explain it to you in a simple way. Let say that you have a text “Lorem Ipsum dolor” in your content builder then you edited the text outside the builder to “This is just a simple text” then once you edit it back again with the cornerstone builder, you will get a warning message “content will lost” because it is edited outside the cornerstone builder. So I highly recommend do not edit any information outside the cornerstone builder.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

marc_a,

Thanks for the reply. But, I don’t think you answered my inquiry fully. Let’s use your example. Let’s say I have a section of text “Lorem Ipsum dolor” that I made in the content builder. I am assuming if I looked at the code I would see the “cs_content” tags encasing the text. CORRECT?

If I then edited it outside the builder to “This is simple text” wouldn’t the “cs_content” tag be removed? Or, would it remain?

What happens outside the builder to change the code from not being editable again in the builder? I.e., if nothing changes, why can’t I edit it in the builder?

Thanks.

NOTE: If these were relatively simple pages I would be happy to produce them again using PRO. I may have to do that after all but I would like some more detail on what is going on.

Hi Jan,

Sometimes it can be recovered through the revision option of WordPress default editor. The following thread might be helpful to you: Problems with content cornerstone
If that does not help, please let us know the exact page where you are having this issue, so we can do the further investigation.

Thanks