Cornerstone changes not showing up

Hi there,

Since a couple of weeks ago when I make a change to a page using cornerstone it is not showing up on cornerstone. I have to save the page and have a look to see the change. I have deactivated the chaché plugin that I’m using but the problem persists. Could you please assist me?

Thank you in advance for your support.

Hi @iberdugo,

Thanks for reaching out!

I went ahead and check your website and I found out that when you try to edit the page inside the cornerstone, it won’t load the builder. The reason why it is not loading the builder is that the permalinks were set to plain and to fix the issue, I change it to post name.

On the other hand, you’re claiming that when you made some changes on your website, the changes didn’t reflect right? but I when tried to do some testing on your website, I can’t replicate your issue ( please see the secure note for the video I created when testing your website). If you are still experiencing the issue on your end, I suggest that you clear your browser cache or use incognito mode.

Hope that helps.

Hi there, the permalink structure has been set to Plain because if I use the one that you recommend the plugin Modern Events Calendar doesn’t work…
As you can see here Problems after last Modern Events Calendar Update
I used to have a post name structure and I had to change it to plain following your recommendations…

Hi @iberdugo,

I have checked your website and found that modifications are shown in the frontend, it might be some cache issue. I would suggest you check once by clearing all types of cache and in the incognito/private mode of the browser.

Screenshot-887-

I would also suggest you go through the troubleshooting mentioned in the reference thread, to recognize the issue with the MEC plugin.

Thanks

Hi there, I’ve just have cheked all that documentation and I cannot find what is failing. I’ve cleared the caché, deactivated several plugins, activated the regular theme insted the child theme, etc. and everything is the same.

Regarding the changes in the front end I can tell you that it depends on which change you are talking about. If it is a small one like the one you show on the picture it works, but if for example you try to ducplicate an entire section it doesn’t… or sometimes it does but super slow… I don’t really now what to do… because I have changed the permalink strcuture several times, and It is a lot of work to update all the links,. If f I change it to post name the Modern events calendar doesn’t work but the cornerstone goes fantastic, and if do the oposite and leave it on plain, cornerstone doesn’t work as it should but moder events calendar works…

Hey @iberdugo,

You mentioned you tried deactivating several plugins. Please test deactivating ALL plugins and see if it fixes the issue.

If that doesn’t help, please copy your live site to a staging server because we will need to investigate thoroughly and if that will be done in your live site, it will disrupt your live site’s operation.

Please give us the following information:

• Staging WP Login URL
  • WP username and password must be the same as your live site
  • Staging FTP access

Thanks.

Hi, @christian thanks for your message.

After following all of your instructions, including disabling all the plugins, I still have the problem. If I set the permalink structure as plain MEC works perfectly but cornerstone gives me problems. If I set the permalink structure as postname, MEC doesn’t work but conerstone works perfectly.

Following your instructions, I have created a staging site so you can make your test.

Thank you

Hi @iberdugo,

For some reason after deactivating all the plugins except for MEC in your staging area, I can’t access the website anymore. At the same time, the credentials for the live website in the secure note are not working either. Please update it with the new credentials.

Thank you.

Hi Marc, it is because you did that by accident on the live site and not on the stage one.
You can use the latest credentials I gave you and access to the stage site and not to the live one…

Hi @iberdugo,

When I visit your staging area but it will redirect me to the live website. See the video in the secure note.

Thank you.

Hi here and sorry for the delay answering! I’ve just checked it and now its working fine. I spoke with my hosting provider and he told me that it might be an issue related with the caché. Could you please try again? I’ve created new usernames so we don’t get confused between live site and staging site.

Hi again, I’ve just updated all the links within the stage site database. Now everything works perfect on the staging site so it is ready to make all the tests you need. Just as a recap, the problem I have is that when I set the permalink structure as plain MEC works but cornerstone doesn’t. On the contrary, when I set the p.structure as post-name, MEC doesn’t work (at least when you create a new event) but cornerstone runs smooth.

Hello @iberdugo,

Please login to your main site and temporarily disable the W3 Total Cache plugin because it is also caching the test page.

See the secure note below.

Thank you.

1 Like

Done, thank you :slight_smile:

Hi @iberdugo,

I can log into your staging site and I changed images, content, and elements in the page the changes reflects immediately. I would suggest you activate the plugin one by one and check if the issue is back. Please mark the specific plugin for which the issue comes back.

Thanks

Hi @tristup I see that if you deactivate all of the plugins cornerstone works almost perfectly.

As I stated before the issue I’m having is between MEC and Cornerstone. MEC is forcing me to use a plain permalink structure, otherwise, it doesn’t work, this makes cornerstone works faultily.

It took me a big effort to create this staging site, now I started by reactivating the WPML plugin, and cornerstone is not working properly, when I change between languages I get the message “The preview could not load due to the iframe response being incomplete. This is most often related to a plugin…” So basically now to try to solve the problem, I got a new one… is this going to end?

Why I MEC doesn’t work with a post permalink structure? With this structure cornerstone runs smoothly and I wouldn’t have any problems…

Hello @iberdugo,

If you go to Pages, you have Events pages.

One of these pages is using events as a slug and this would create a slug conflict with the MEC plugin. You will have to change the MEC slug in the settings to get around this issue.

Once you have that setting, you will have the MEC URLs into https://example.com/mec-events/{event-name}-{year}/.

Hope this makes sense.

2 Likes

Hi @ruenel, @marc_a @tristup @christian thank you very much for your work. Finally you have been able to find the source of the problem and the site is working perfectly. I appreciate your effort and dedication.

Best regards

Ignacio

Hello Ignacio,

Glad that we are able to help you.

Thanks

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.