Problems after last Modern Events Calendar Update

Hi there,

I had problems after the last update of the Modern Events Calendar plugin. Once I updated the plugin, no event page appeared, there was an error “boom the page you are looking for no longer exists” (or something similar) . I had to call the hosting company to restore a backup from before the update. Now everything is fine again.
I hope you can have a look and fix it. Thank you very much!

Hi @iberdugo,

Thanks for reaching out.
Great that restoring the backup resolved the issue at your end. I have checked with the Modern Events Calendar plugin and didn’t find the issue with the mentioned version in our Version Compatibility.

I would request you please copy your live site to a staging server and update the plugin to the updated version and please let us know the following details if you have similar issues.

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

I created a staging site, updated the plugin and it worked without problems. So I decided to update it again on the main site. Now on the main site the plugin does not work again :frowning:
I hope you can help me…

Hello @iberdugo,

I checked your given site event page it seems that the scheduled upcoming events are displaying fine. It might be the browser cache issue at your end or a cache issue. I would suggest you purge all the cache from the cache plugin and clear your browser cache and then check it again. If the issue still persists please let us know.

Thanks

Hi there,

The upcoming events are displaying fine, but the problem is when you click to try to enter into one of these events.

Hi @iberdugo,

It seems that the problem with permalink settings, I would suggest you set the %postname% from the current one. Please find the screenshot describing your permalink settings and %postname% setting.

I would suggest you check whether the .htaccess file is having writable permission before you change the above setting.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

Hi again! I’ve just tried that. I’ve checked first that the htaccess file has the right permissions, and then I’ve changed the entire permalink structure. I’m not sure why it worked before and now is not working…
I’ve created a new event to see if it works, but not… :frowning:

Hi @iberdugo,

I have checked by setting the permalink to plain and found that the events are showing properly.

There might be some different reasons behind your issue, I would like to suggest troubleshoot the following common issue to help us to recognize the reason.

1.Theme Related Issue
2.Plugin Conflict
3.Theme Update related issue
4.Child Theme Related issue
5.CSS/JS Customization
6.Disabling Cache

If you discover that an issue is coming from a custom code or 3rd party plugin, kindly consult with a developer or contact the plugin author. Please note that we do not provide support for custom codes and 3rd party plugins.
If the above points do not resolve your issue, please provide login credentials for your site in a secure note to examine it further, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.