Cornerstone and Youtube Videos causes loading bars only one preview

Since one of the latest updates (I just upgraded to 7.3.9), if we have an iframe within a text element going to youtube or even just a youtube link to a youtube video, the loading screen for the preview in cornerstone just stays there with the 3 loading bars and never stops. We can edit things with the outline view, but that isn’t handy for more major changes. It was fine in the past, not sure when it broke. Kept hoping it would get fixed but haven’t see it yet.

Hello @itdirector,

Thanks for writing to us.

To help you with your concerns we need to check your setting, I would request please share the admin login details meanwhile I would suggest you troubleshoot a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings. Please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin-level username and password
  • Exact page URL

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hi John,

I have created a test page with Homepage content, and it is loading perfectly fine. It seems there might be some problem with the content. I would suggest you delete the sections one by one to check which one is the reason behind your problem. Alternatively, you can set the test page as the Home page and check if that works for you.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hey John,

Can you please provide us with your WP details so we can check it again? You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Thanks.

Hello There,

The given credentials do not work for us. Please double-check it.

Instead of using the Text element, you can use the RAW CONTENT element instead.

“Is there a way to “subscribe” to this forum so I get emails when you have posted?” You can just bookmark it and check it in your Themeco account Forum Notifications.

Best Regards.

Hello John,

When I checked the page, I did not see any iframe code.

Can you please provide it here so I can test it on my local testing server too?

Thank you.

Hey John,

Please update the Youtube video embed code and use the one in the secure note below instead.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

Hello John,

Please be advised that the Video element when using it as a Player is not advisable to use Youtube or Vimeo URLs. It will not display the video properly. You may not have any controls in playing the video.

You should use Embed when your video is hosted on third-party sites like YouTube:

One thing I noticed is that you have installed Complianz plugin. Be advised that this affects the Cornerstone Builder preview. You might need to temporarily deactivate this plugin if you are editing a page or layout to see the preview of the builder.

Best Regards.

Hello John,

Thanks for the updates. This is an on going conflict between the builder and the Complianz plugin. We have added this as a feature request already to integrate the plugin or at least to make it work smoothly along with the builder. Our developers are already aware of this.

Cheers.

Hey John,

You’re most welcome!