Cornerstone and header builder not working

Hi, I’ve been happily using X for a few years now but have had lots of issues since the pro update. The header builder doesn’t work at all and the cornerstone builder seems to work when it wants. I have increased the limit to 512 in my wp-config file and have reset the permalinks in the htaccess file, I’ve checked the general settings and the two url’s are the same. I also deactivated all the plugins. One thing I noticed is the web address for the preview was different to the one I was trying to change. Any ideas folks?

Hey There,

Thanks for writing in! Are you using CloudFlare or may have installed a caching plugin like WordFence, W3 Total Cache or WP Super Cache? Please keep in mind that after doing every theme and plugin updates, always remember to clear all caches when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Hope this helps.

Hi, I’m using W3 and have purged all the caches but this hasn’t helped. I get this message again now:The preview was unresponsive after loading. This is most often related to a plugin conflict or aggressive page cacheing.

Origin URL: https://www.madeuplinkphotography.com

Preview URL: https://www.madeuplinkphotography.com/mobile-booking-page/

It seems that the mobile booking page is being created somehow but not by me! I’ve had a look through the forums and seemed to have tried everything else. Only thing I can think of is the memory but I’m pretty sure this is set to 512

Could it be anything to do with ssl certs?

Any advice? Thanks!!

Hi there,

Looks like it’s related to this

Please try adding this line of code to your child theme’s functions.php

add_filter( 'w3tc_can_print_comment', '__return_false' );

I could do that but since there is no FTP access, then adding it through admin could put your site down if it fails in saving it. Please do that through FTP.

Thanks!

Hi I added that to the child theme functions.php but still get the same message.

Any other ideas?
Thanks

Hi, I did that but no solution. PHP version is running 7.1 so don’t understand what it could be?

I sent on log in info did you get chance to have a look?

Thanks - Tom

Hi there,

Are you currently working on it? The page is deleted and the plugins are inactive. The reason why it’s not working is the URL. Try comparing your site’s URL and the URL that is being displayed in the error popup, and they are different. Or it could be due to cache as other pages don’t have that issue.

Thanks!

The URL that was being displayed (Origin URL: https://www.madeuplinkphotography.com) was different to the preview page which was the same address but had a mobile-booking-page in addition to it (Preview URL: https://www.madeuplinkphotography.com/mobile-booking-page).

I deleted the mobile booking page as this was not created by me, as I previously said in my thread, I have deleted that page. This issue seems to have gone now.

I increased version of php to the latest of 7.1, increased max limit to 512, ran the code in the functions file as you suggested and have cleared caches every time I’ve checked. It seems that since the update, cornerstone has been super buggy. It’s really putting me off using x theme now as this should be a simple fix.

The footer builder doesn’t work either. It seems that Cornerstone in general just doesn’t work properly anymore?

Any other suggestions please?

Thanks

The mobile booking page has returned when I activate the plugins, I purged it from the cache and then it seems to get created when I reload the header editing page???

I’ve thought of everything else that it could be. Are you able to help?

Thanks

Hi, can anyone get back to me on this as it’s really holding me up, plus I have man flu which is obviously bad as it is interfering with my wine drinking…

Thanks in advance

I posted this 7hrs ago and the latest response appears to show that this wasn’t really read properly at all. I have upped the memory limit to 512, I am running php version 7.1, I purge the cache each time I test the cornerstone header/footer builders and I have disabled all the plugins, inserted suggested code into the child functions php and am running the latest versions of xpro and wordpress. Can someone please get back to me as to what seems to be causing this conflict?

Thanks.

Hello There,

Just for future topics, self responding or bumping your post pushes it back in our Queue system so it takes longer to respond to.

I have logged in and checked your site. It turns out that you have minified the JS and CSS files and this has resulted for Cornerstone not to work. I have disabled it already and Cornerstone is now working.

Please check your site now.

I’ll check Cornerstone now but the header and footer still isn’t working…any ideas?

I have provided as much information as possible.

Thanks in advance.

Hello There,

Please provide ftp details so that we can investigate the issue in your site further.

Thank you in advance.

I already did that about 9hrs ago…as a secure note in my second response. C’mon guys this is really getting tedious now…

You must understand that I am getting a bit fed up now, this is just poor customer service and I have spent a lot of money on X licenses.

Please let me know if you can;t find the secure note or need the actual FTP as opposed to the wp login I provided.

Thanks

Hello There,

You have only provided the WP credentials. I was asking for the FTP so that we can investigate much deeper. We are also eager to resolve this issue as much as you do.

Provide the following details please;

• FTP hostname
  • FTP username
  • FTP password

Please bear with us and thank you for your understanding.

Please see note:

Thanks

Hey There,

I tried several time and it seems that the password is incorrect.
Could you please double check if the given ftp details were correct?

Thanks.

Ah yes, sorry.

Hey There,

I am using this details and it is still not working.

Please advise.