ConvertPlug plugin interfering with xtheme 'text type' cursor

Hi,

First off, I’m loving the theme so far. I’ve been able to search your archives for answers to every question I’ve had so far except for this one. The only post I could find relating to my question said you guys would look into it and that was a year ago. (https://theme.co/apex/forums/topic/text-type-cursor-colour/page/2/)

Question: I have a text type element setup on my site with a blinking cursor. The text is white on a yellow background and the cursor symbol is “|”. I recently activated the convertplug plugin because I wanted to include some popups. I have experimented with info bars, modals, or slide ins and the effect is the same on the text type element in xtheme. Simply having the plugin activated doesn’t affect my website (good), but when I set the status of the popup (doesn’t matter which one) from paused to live it puts a black highlight around my blinking cursor.

Do you know how to fix this issue? I simply want the blinking white “|” symbol at the end of my text type without it being highlighted black. Currently I have removed the blinking cursor entirely since I want the popup, but it honestly makes the whole text type look worse without a blinking cursor.

Please note: since convertplug was bundled with xTheme I cannot simply ask them for their support since I do not have an active purchase code for convertplug. I’m hoping that within the last year someone has found the solution.

Hi There,

Thank you for the detailed explanation and we’re sorry for the inconvenience. Please do add the following custom CSS as temporary fixed while the conflict with convertplug is not yet addressed:

  @-webkit-keyframes x-blink{0%{opacity:1}50%{opacity:0}100%{opacity:1}}@keyframes x-blink{0%{opacity:1}50%{opacity:0}100%{opacity:1}} .x-text-type .typed-cursor { -webkit-animation: x-blink 0.65s infinite !important; animation: x-blink 1s infinite !important; }

Hope this helps.

Thank you! That worked perfectly.

You are most welcome. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.