Conerstone update from 4.2.3 to 5.0.11 breaks website

X 8.0.11 works with Cornerstone 4.2.3 which is my current configuration. Upgrading from 4.2.3 to 5.0.11 breaks the website. Is there a way to progressively upgrade from 4.x.x through 5.x.x rather than jumping up to 5.0.11?

Also, I’ve never been able to update X on a multisite installation of WordPress even with super admin privileges. The X menu doesn’t appear.

Stack trace:
#0 /…/…/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(287): Cornerstone_Element_Front_End->begin_excerpt(‘Contact Us…’)

#1 /…/…/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(212): WP_Hook->apply_filters(‘Contact Us…’, Array)

#2 /…/…/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-og/public/class-wp-og-public.php(119): apply_filters(‘get_the_excerpt’, ‘’)

#3 /…/…/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-og/public/class-wp-og-public.php(73): WP_OG_Public->get_og_description()

#4 /…/…/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(287): WP_OG_Public->add_og_tags(’’)

#5 /…/…/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(311): WP_Hook in /…/…/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/elements/class-element-front-end.php on line 40

There are many lines like this that seem to point to particular elements and many more “Cornerstone_Element_Front_End->begin_excerpt” that are empty like this one:

Stack trace:
#0 /…/…/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(287): Cornerstone_Element_Front_End->begin_excerpt(’’)

Hi Ricky,

Thank you for reaching out to us. The compatible version of Cornerstone with X 8.0.11 is 5.0.11, you should not be using the older version of Cornerstone with the latest version of the theme as we have seen many issues when using incompatible versions.

Regretfully there is no way to progressively upgrade from 4.x.x through 5.x.x. You can try deactivating and deleting the Cornerstone plugin first and then navigate to X > Validation screen, you’ll see a notice at the top, click on the installation link to install the latest version of Cornerstone:

If the issue persists then I’d suggest you to disable all third party plugins first and then repeat the above process.

If nothing works then please get back to us with the URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thanks!

@nabeel

Hi Nabeel,

I will disable other plugins and attempt to update both X and Cornerstone.

Thank you!

Hello @nabeel ,
I successfully updated X and Cornerstone to the latest versions. It was an open graph plugin for social media posts that didn’t work with Cornerstone. Once I started disabling plugins, the X menu came back. I somehow had two versions of the X under construction plugin active at the same time appearing twice in the X menu.

All is resolved now. Thanks!-

Glad to hear that, Ricky!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.