Colour manager workflow - staging and production sites

We intend to start using the Color Manager and have created the pages on our staging site. I tried exporting the color manager from the staging site and importing it to the production site via the theme options export/import on the validation page, but that didn’t work, so I manually re-entered the colors in the manager in the production site. When I imported a test page to the production site via a template, the first three colors come across correctly - registered to the corresponding colors in the production color manager - but the remaining 9 colors are either missing (transparent) or - in one case - the wrong color.

Sorry that was so wordy! What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
Mike.

Hi Mike,

Thanks for reaching out.
Sometimes, it is very difficult to recognize the issue without investigating through the admin dashboard. If you are not comfortable sharing the admin credential, please copy your live site to a staging server with the exact setup you have in your live server? So we could troubleshoot freely without breaking your live site and will try to recognize the problem behind this.
And please provide login credentials for your staging site in a secure note to examine it further, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

Hi, I’ve created a secure note.

Hello @mikerayjones,

Regretfully at the moment, the colors cannot be imported. There is a feature request already to add a feature that you can easily import those colors from one site to another. You can refer to this thread:

In your test template, the three colors have been imported because those three colors are used within the test page. This means that although all the colors in the color manager cannot be imported, some of the colors will be imported if you used the colors in your element on a content, header, or footer templates.

Hope this helps.

OK, but I don’t understand your last sentence; could you clarify please, and could this be the basis of a work-around to enable pages to be transferred via templates with their elements’ colors intact?

Hi Mike,

It means that the importing Color Scheme into the Color Manager is not possible, but the colors used in the page or in content can be imported via the template you are importing.

Thanks for understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.