Clicking on woo commerce product causes "There has been a critical error on this website." after update

Hi X Theme

I have updated everything. I have turned off all plugins except cornerstone and woo commerce and the problem persists.

If I turn off cornerstone or switch theme it is ok.

I have a dev site with everything up to date except an older version of Cornerstone and all is fine.

Would you recommend using the older version of cornerstone?

Thank you.

Hi @pyntolimited,

Thanks for reaching out.

There could be a plugin or custom code that affects your website.

I recommend the following troubleshooting procedures before we investigate the settings.

1. TESTING FOR THEME RELATED ISSUE
  2. TESTING FOR PLUGIN CONFLICT
  3. THEME UPDATE
  4. CHILD THEME
  5. CSS/JS CUSTOMIZATION
  6. VERSION COMPATIBILITY

Only if none of that helps, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Hi, I had already checked the theme and plugins and with a different theme the issue resolves. Also if I turn cornerstone off the issue resolves.

I have now checked the css and there is no js.

I hope you can help.

Hi @pyntolimited,

The credentials you provided is not working, please double-check and update them. To check the detailed error we need to enable to turn on the WP_DEBUG. You can do this by opening wp-config.php and edit the code, the same code below.

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

Hope that helps and let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

The credentials do work, I have just tested them again, for both sites (note the password does not include the PW: at the start). Please try again.
I cannot add the debug code as I don’t have ftp access. Is there another way?
I hope you can help as soon as possible.
Thank you

I have used a plugin to turn on debug mode.

After reinstalling the theme and cornerstone and retesting for a plugin conflict I have now found the official twitter plugin to be a cause. With this plugin turned off the error stops.

However on the test site with the older version of Cornerstone the Twitter plugin can be active and no error occurs. This suggests a conflict with Cornerstone, possibly the theme and Twitter official plugin.

Can you help with this?

Thank you

Hi @pyntolimited,

I would suggest you update the Cornerstone in your test site and report the issue to the 3rd party plugin author. Please remember that we don’t offer any support to the issues on 3rd party plugins. Although it is not an issue related to the theme, we are still curious to know the reason behind that. I would request you share the login credentials for your test site in a secure note to investigate.

Thanks

Hi
Thank you for getting back to me.

1. on the test site I have now updated cornerstone and the error is occuring. It didn’t happen before I updated cornerstone.
    The login credentials for the test site are the same as the other site and I have already provided them.
    As the error only occurred when cornerstone was updated and there was no conflict with the twitter plugin with the older version of cornerstone doesn’t that mean the issue is with cornerstone??
    Thanks
    Tamsin

UPDATE:

As the twitter plugin has not been recently updated I have decided to remove it and use an alternative so there is no need to respond to this. Thank you for your help and replies.

Tamsin

You are welcome Tamsin

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.