Classic Slider not showing

I have built a new site and the classic slider images aren’t showing, sometimes refreshing the page can make them appear but multiple refreshes can make them appear/disappear randomly. The behaviour is the same in firefox and chrome.

All plugins are up to date and I have tried flushing all caches and disabling all plugins.

Site: ar-booth.co.uk

Hey @Percy1983,

Thanks for writing in! It appears that you are having some caching issues. After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using LiteSpeed Cache, WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

And please clear your browser cache too. You may use private browsing mode in testing your site to make sure that you are viewing the latest codes from the updates and not the cached version in your browser.

It could also be caused by a plugin conflict, amongst other things. Please check out this troubleshooting article here and follow the instructions for the following sections (where appropriate):

Testing for Plugin Conflict
Child Theme
CSS/JS Customization
Disabling Cache
Disabling CDN

If nothing is helping, provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

I have done all trouble shooting steps and the problem persists.

I have deactivated cloudflare and litespeed cache, all other plugins have been deactivated.

Secure note added.

Many Thanks

Hello @Percy1983,

The images in your classic slider are showing. It just takes a while to load the next slides because of the slide delay. It is best that you enable the “Prev/Next Navigation” to easily go on to the next slide.

Hope this helps.

Hi, I have enabled Pre/Next Navigation with no improvement.

Chrome Incognito and firefox private (to clear browser cache) - usually displays on first load, refreshed page makes them disappear navigating to another page and coming back makes them disappear.

I guess I am best finding a third party plugin if this can’t be fixed.

Testing further downgrading to wordpress 5.5.3 eliminates the problem, of course this isn’t a great solution going forwards.

Hello @Percy1983,

I went ahead and added pagination to your slider. I also temporarily deactivated the LiteSpeed Cache plugin.

Please check your slider images now.

Interesting results.

You added the pagination to the first slider only and this did seem to fix the issue, but also the other sliders below seemed to work fine.

So I have been back in and turned the pagination/navigation off again and its continued to work.

I have now re enabled litespeed and all seems fine.

I don’t know where the gremlin was but it appears to be gone, thank you.

Hi @Percy1983,

Glad that we are able to help you.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.