Classic Block Grid 'unrecognised' with new update

Hello, a draft page using the Classic Block Grid which was supposed to go live today is now un-viewable since the latest Cornerstone update. My (Published but password-protected) page is showing “Undefined Element: This element could not render because its definition is missing. You might need to activate a plugin”. The Block Grid’s individual elements are also not showing, although all the Card elements I created are still there and individually editable (once I’ve found the one I want—not easy as there are loads and I can’t see them on the page, just each one once opened). Please help. URL: https://www.sirenandpearl.co.uk/collection/sale-grid/

1 Like

I have this same problem since updating today.

1 Like

Hello @KarenJaneHoran,

Thanks for writing in! Please make sure that the X theme and the Cornerstone plugin is up to date. If you are already using the latest version, it could be caused by a plugin conflict, amongst other things. Please check out this troubleshooting article here and follow the instructions for the following sections (where appropriate):

Testing for Plugin Conflict
Theme Update
Child Theme
CSS/JS Customization
Disabling Cache
Disabling CDN

If nothing is helping, provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Thanks ruenel. I’d already tried disabling the plugins to no effect but I included it again when working through the checklist today. Nothing works so I’ll put the login details in a secure note.

Hello @KarenJaneHoran,

I have carefully checked your page and I could not find the classic block grid or at least any remnants of the classic block grid. What I actually found is the Grid element that is exclusively available when using the Pro theme. Did you create the page using the Pro Editor or just the Cornerstone plugin?

See the secure note.

Please let us know how it goes.

Then it’s a mystery—I’ve never gone near the Pro side of things (feel too amateur for that) and have only ever used Cornerstone. I’ve never used Templates either, so don’t know how to view what you’ve done. Must I ‘go Pro’ to make the page work now?

I think you’re right in that I somehow accessed the pro Grid as I clearly remember setting the four columns as 1fr 1fr 1fr 1fr as per the tutorial. Is there a Cornerstone element that will let me insert four cards across each row like the pro Grid?

In the meantime, there’s something very wrong with Cornerstone at the moment—Clicking on Add Section and choosing 4 Columns also gives me the ‘Undefined Element’ error message before I try to add any elements. What’s going on?

@ruenel, I went ahead and installed Pro (and Pro Child). The Grid is restored. I’ve no idea why Cornerstone allowed me to install and populate it earlier this week but at least I can now use it properly. Thank you for your consideration.

I have the same issue. I was using the grid-cell last week. After the updated today, the block grid sections throughout the site are missing from my site. I installed theme x pro and child theme. the Grid is still missing. Is there a plugin I need to activate?

1 Like

Hi @KarenJaneHoran,

Glad that it is resolved now.

Hi @gracelinks,

I would request you create a separate thread and share the login credentials of your site for further support.

Thanks

I need help with this too and my thread is being ignored

My thread is not being responded to. I have the same problem

Hello @BreadCrumzMedia,

We have replied to your thread already.

By the way, we answer all questions in the order they are received. All support topics are added to a monitored queue, so please do not bump your threads while waiting for a reply as this may delay a response. Please be sure you have first searched the forum and docs articles prior to creating a new ticket.

Our development team is staffed 24/7/365 to answer product questions, and it is always our goal to respond as fast as possible. We aim for 24 hours (typically faster), however, please remember this is an estimated time frame and not a guarantee.

Thank you for your kind understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.