Child themes with Pro?

I’ve just removed the X license from a site that’s now using another theme, and have added a new site to the license. This new site hasn’t yet been developed and I’d like to develop it with Pro.

I’m planning to upgrade the license to Pro, but before I do I wanted to ask how child themes work with Pro. Since I’m not upgrading a developed site that’s using a child theme but would install Pro fresh on an undeveloped site, will I still be able to create a child theme?

The main thing I want to achieve is to be able to update Pro over time without it affecting any CSS customisations, etc.

Thanks for your help!

Hi There,

Child theme will work, but you need to use Pro Child Theme not X Child Theme

https://theme.co/apex/child-themes

Hope it helps!

1 Like

Thanks, Joao! That’s brilliant. I hadn’t seen that page before.

Glad to hear we managed to help!