Child theme issues

Hello. I have an issue that the Child Theme is causing a conflict which makes it so that the Options screen in X is not available. It loads but is blank. Here are the steps I have taken:

• I turned off all of my plugins except for Cornerstone and starting from there turned them all back on one at a time. I did identify some older ones and those were removed but several core ones had a conflict with the Child Theme

• I theme switched to X theme and repeated the same test and all of them were fine and there was not a conflict

• The child theme had a lot of customizations in functions.php so I deleted the entire child theme folder once I was sure those were no longer a part of the site and uploaded an entirely new child theme.

This seemed to have addressed the issues but today I went to add some info to the footer and again, the Options page would not load. I turned on X and the issues were gone. Any ideas?

Hello @GeorgiaG,

Thanks for writing in! You may have inserted incorrect code in your footer. One thing I noticed is that you have added this in the X > Theme Options > Custom JS section:

<script>
function myFunction() {
  document.getElementById("mc-embedded-subscribe-form").reset();
}
</script>

You will have to remove this code and then install Insert Headers and Footers plugin. Go to Settings > Insert Headers and Footers > Footer and then this is where you insert the JS code.

And if the issue is happening, provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.