Child element not properly styled for responsive site

Hi there,

I’ve been having problems with a cookie consent form from my ad network loading the box too wide on my mobile site. They have written back and told me the following:

This overflow: visible !important is causing a child element to be able to overflow the parent container’s width.
The publisher should analyze why that’s there and if they need to make any other considerations to make sure their content is all responsive.
In this case at least one child element on the page is not properly styled for a responsive site so the media query fails for the popup’s CSS:

Note: if the publisher just sets this to overflow: hidden it fixes the consent form issue, but they really should figure out which element is the root cause and properly style it, as this may cause content to be cut off.

I don’t know where to look to change any of this so thought it would just be easier to ask here. What do I need to do to fix this problem? According to the ad network it only happens in EU/EEA countries and not in the US.

Thanks

Hi David,

Thanks for reaching out.

To better understand your issue, can you please provide us a link to your website so that we can check it and able to provide you an answer to your question. Providing a screenshot is a great help to determine the issue.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

Thanks, the address is

Summary

www.chameleonschool.com

The problem exists on mobile site only. Screenshot attached, thank you.

Summary

Hello David,

Thanks for sharing the page URL, I went ahead and checked your site it seems that it is working fine at my end. Please have a look at the given screenshot below.

Thanks

Please see the linked video for the problem I’m having on mobile.

Summary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEJuX61s0a4

Hello David,

Your video is private. It can only be viewed by you. You must set the video as unlisted so that we can see it and at the same time, it will not display in your channel.

In the meantime, kindly deactivate your Autoptimize plugin and test your site again.

Thanks.

I deactivated that plugin and it changed nothing even after I cleared cookies etc so I’m going to reactivate it again. You should now be able to see the video I linked to, thanks.

Hi David,

Like my other colleagues, I am also not able to replicate the issue you described. I would suggest you deactivate the Autoptimize plugin after deleting the cache and check it again.

Hope it helps.
Thanks