Changing across to a new site

Hi, we are re-branding so I need to figure out how to change our licence across to a new site? Can I develop in the new site and then transfer across or do I have to simply close one and do it in another instead?!?

Help!

Hi there,

You can simply change the domain attached to a license on the licenses page.

Then you can validate the theme in the new domain.

Hi, I would like to do this but unfortunately, only two of my three licences are showing and it says I can’t register the third!? This means I can’t re-attach a different site to the licence!

Please Help!

Hi there,

Would you please kindly get back to us with the Themeforest Purchase key of your third license using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up?

Also, you are welcome to use one of your other 2 licenses for staging website during development process by adding the domain name of the staging website to the staging section of the license:

Thank you.

Done, thank you :slight_smile:

Is there any update on this please? I supplied the purchase codes as requested.

Hi there @picornish,

Thanks for posting the purchase code, I’ve checked the license and it’s already registered to another Apex account under the username “paulifer”.

Do you have the logins to that account?

Thanks!

Hi, thank you so much for pointing this out to me… I didn’t realise my partner had registered the new X purchase under a different account. I have checked it and registered it to the website I want it to work with. HOWEVER, it’s now asking me to validate the site, but when I click it, the validation section goes to a page that doesn’t exist! When I try to get around it, it says it still needs to be validated, all of the validation documentation seems to be out of date as I can’t get to any of the links suggested?!? HELP!!!

Thanks,

Paul

In addition, it’s asking for an API key, sorry, so won’t validate as it needs an API key to do so but the API key generation link goes to a dead page.

Hi there,

Please install the latest theme, the one you’re validating is probably a very old theme. The API Key validation I think is around X 2.0 - 3.0

You’ll have to manually install it since our update server is only applicable for new system/validation. https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-product-validation/55

Thanks.