Changes not visible

Hello, please see my screenshots below. In the first one you see my changes in the headline in the Cornerstone tool. Everything looks as it should be with the turquoise headline.

But when I leave Cornerstone editor and view my page in a new tab, it appears like this. The first line of the headline is too small and the line is red and not turquoise. It does not take the changes I made in CSS. But why not? What am I doing wrong?

Hi Vivien,

Thanks for reaching out.
Sometimes the only screenshot doesn’t help us to recognize the issue you are having. I would suggest you troubleshot a few common issues to recognize the issue.

1.Plugin Conflict
2.Theme Update related issue
3.CSS/JS Customization

If you discover that an issue is coming from a custom code or 3rd party plugin, kindly consult with a developer or contact the plugin author. Please note that we do not provide support for custom codes and 3rd party plugins.
If that does not help, please provide login credentials for your site in a secure note to examine it further, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– Exact Page URL where you are having this issue.
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

Hi Vivien,

It seems that the custom CSS code is overriding the attribute values of the Headline elements, please find the custom code in the Global CSS section and try once by removing that temporarily. If that works, then the code is the reason behind your problem.
Please remember to clear the cache, before you check it. Please let me know if that is not the case, and you are facing the same issue even after removing the above-mentioned code.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

Hello,
I removed the whole CSS Code from the Global CSS section but unfortunately the problem persists.

The original headline and CSS you find in the Murphy Bed & Breakfast Demo Theme Template which I have installed on my page. In the Murphy template you find it on the start page, section 2 right under the slider (“Take a moment to explore our rooms”).

I modified the original CSS as you can see below in order to have 3 lines in different font sizes and the line in turquoise, not red. The right colour code is #84cdd1

.h-sup {
display: block;
margin-right: -0.15em;
margin-bottom: 0.5em;
font-family: “Open Sans”, sans-serif;
font-size: 0.45em;
font-weight: 300;
letter-spacing: 0.15em;
line-height: 1.6 !important;
text-transform: uppercase;
color: inherit;
}

.h-sup-1 {
font-size: 0.5em;
}

.h-sup-2 {
font-size: 0.6em;
}

.h-custom-headline hr {
width: 50%;
max-width: 300px;
height: 3px;
margin: 1.5em 0 0;
border: 0;
font-size: 0.3em;
background-color: #84CDD1;
}

.h-custom-headline.cs-ta-center hr {
margin-left: auto;
margin-right: auto;
}

.h-custom-headline p,
.h-custom-headline br {
display: none;
}

Hi Vivien,

To better help you further with your issue, we need to check your WordPress admin. To do that, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Hi Vivien,

I just check your website, the reason why the changes didn’t take effect on the front page because the CSS is duplicated in your customize edit elements and Global CSS. The Global CSS has a higher priority than the customize edit elements CSS. If you would like that the code will only take effect on the front page, I suggest that you added the CSS code in your front page CSS page and it will override the Global CSS and then remove your CSS code in your customize edit.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

Aaaah, yes it works! Thank you very much for your help, learned something new today! :smiley:

I wish you a prosperous new year, above all healthy, and take care!

Hi Vivien,

You’re welcome and it’s our pleasure to help you. If you have any other concerns regarding our theme features, feel free to reach us.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.