Changes not taking in cornerstone. ("uh, oh, Failed to save content!")

hi
I would like to reference this post

I did try two browsers, both on incognito, still getting the same message. Please watch the video of screen capture on secure notes…
I also updated absolutely everything. Can you please login and check this is driving me nuts!

Alfredo

One thing I forgot to mention; this problem started suddenly, and on this page only. I can still edit everywhere else using CS.

Hi Alfredo,

Thank you for writing in and thank you for the credentials but would you mind providing the direct page URL or title of the page with the issue (you have a lot of pages on your site).

In the meantime, please do a Testing for Plugin Conflict

That sounds you added something on the page that cause the issue, can you recall if you added custom HTML, Script, or shortcode, or something that is not native to Cornerstone? Can you try removing it for a while and see if that resolves the issue.

Cheers!

Please see the secure note for th URL
I am not using any non-bundled plugins, there is literally no custom CSS or JS being used.
THANKS

Hello @flashfog,

I have checked your page and when I save my changes, it returns this error in the console:

POST https://flashfogsecurity.com/testwordpress/cornerstone-endpoint 500 (Internal Server Error)
f @ cs.0ce70e6.js:4724
(anonymous) @ cs.0ce70e6.js:4709
e.requestOne @ cs.0ce70e6.js:4708
_updateRequest @ cs.0ce70e6.js:6
updateRecord @ cs.0ce70e6.js:6
(anonymous) @ cs-vendor.0ce70e6.js:4889
g @ cs-vendor.0ce70e6.js:3718
O @ cs-vendor.0ce70e6.js:3728
(anonymous) @ cs-vendor.0ce70e6.js:3736
t.invoke @ cs-vendor.0ce70e6.js:3259
t.flush @ cs-vendor.0ce70e6.js:3251
t.flush @ cs-vendor.0ce70e6.js:3264
r._end @ cs-vendor.0ce70e6.js:3326
r.end @ cs-vendor.0ce70e6.js:3281
r._run @ cs-vendor.0ce70e6.js:3327
r._join @ cs-vendor.0ce70e6.js:3326
r.join @ cs-vendor.0ce70e6.js:3292
d @ cs-vendor.0ce70e6.js:2142
(anonymous) @ cs-vendor.0ce70e6.js:533
a @ cs-vendor.0ce70e6.js:2067
(anonymous) @ cs-vendor.0ce70e6.js:623
cs.0ce70e6.js:4736 Failed to recover from malformed AJAX response:  {response: Response, request: {…}}
(anonymous) @ cs.0ce70e6.js:4736
Promise.then (async)
(anonymous) @ cs.0ce70e6.js:4734
Promise.then (async)
f @ cs.0ce70e6.js:4734
(anonymous) @ cs.0ce70e6.js:4709
e.requestOne @ cs.0ce70e6.js:4708
_updateRequest @ cs.0ce70e6.js:6
updateRecord @ cs.0ce70e6.js:6
(anonymous) @ cs-vendor.0ce70e6.js:4889
g @ cs-vendor.0ce70e6.js:3718
O @ cs-vendor.0ce70e6.js:3728
(anonymous) @ cs-vendor.0ce70e6.js:3736
t.invoke @ cs-vendor.0ce70e6.js:3259
t.flush @ cs-vendor.0ce70e6.js:3251
t.flush @ cs-vendor.0ce70e6.js:3264
r._end @ cs-vendor.0ce70e6.js:3326
r.end @ cs-vendor.0ce70e6.js:3281
r._run @ cs-vendor.0ce70e6.js:3327
r._join @ cs-vendor.0ce70e6.js:3326
r.join @ cs-vendor.0ce70e6.js:3292
d @ cs-vendor.0ce70e6.js:2142
a @ cs-vendor.0ce70e6.js:2067
(anonymous) @ cs-vendor.0ce70e6.js:623
cs.0ce70e6.js:4723 Failed AJAX request. Switching to fallback. undefined

Your hosting service provider must have flag the cornerstone-endpoint as a malicious script. Please check out this thread:

By the way, you may also need to address the critical issues in your site. Kindly check out the url in the secure note.

Please let us know how it goes.

Hi. I am not really understanding what the hosting company is saying, so I will post that on secure note. THANKS

Hello @flashfog,

Before we continue another round of test, as what have suggested in your Tools > Site Health (see link in the secure note), kindly update your PHP version to at least 7.2 and then please provide us FTP access so that we can investigate this issue further.

By the way, have you troubleshoot your site for most common issues? Please check this documentation guide:

Kindly let us know how it goes.

oh no! i had asked the hosting to upgrade PHP to the latest. Let me check on that… sorry!

Thank you. Kindly get back to us with the result.

hi, we are now on php 7.4 . please take a look . THANKS

Hi @flashfog,

I got this error from your site

It seems database issue related, I recommend contacting your hosting provider as I’m not sure the exact fix for that issue. It seems something you added within the content that triggers a loop eating the allotted resources especially the builder doesn’t require a 536870912 bytes ( 536mb ) memory. The builder required resources are dependent on the content added within it. Like for example, if the slider requires 256mb limit, then builder follows if you added the slider within, it doesn’t add up but just follow the limit.

Thanks!

would the approach of a fresh wp installation correct database issues?
the final content is finalized so only about 10% of pages are actually going live. maybe the best is to restore a backup , only of the pages that are to go live?

can you please show me how to genrate this same report? i want to turn off all plugins and bring back online one byone to see if thats the cause. hosting does not agree database issues are the problem

Hi @flashfog,

It’s this Classic Grid element on section 3 that was causing the issue. I did an elimination test on this on a test page (deleted now), and it seems that Classic Grid element was causing the issue.

Would you mind activating back your Essential Grid plugin (or removing this Classic Grid element from your page)

Thanks,

thank you for tracing this! I will come back to this at the end of next week. for now THANK YOU
btw i do want to learn how to generate that report you guys use to trace issues.

Hi @flashfog,

Are you referring to the error on the screenshot I provided? I simply edited the faulty page in standard Wordpress editor, instead of the builder. Example,

Thanks!

hi.
I cannot really test because the problem is right back. i cannot edit this page in any way shape or form; changes don’t take. So I can’t even delete section 3 to see if by doing that the classic essential grid element stops causing trouble. Right now I am back to square one; i cannot save changes.

Hi Alfredo,

Sorry, I did not anticipate that we can’t do any save on that page. What you can do for now is saved that page as a template. Then create a new page and load that template to that new page, before you save that new page, make sure you delete that Classic Grid element inside section 3. This is what I did on a test page.

Thanks,

OK, i can do that workaround, but i still would not mind getting at exactlty what is causing this inability to save.

Hi Alfredo,

It could be you have something on that specific Grid (ff menu, masonry) that is being blocked by a security feature or that Grid is corrupted.

Thanks,