Category Preview text missing since last update

Hi, Since the change of the layout of cornerstone and the last updates a lot of things have changes and there ids something I cannot get fixed.
In the Category page where the blog posts are being listed, there was always some preview text visible. This text is now no longer seen and I cannot figure out how to display it again like all other posts with the preview text. See link.

Thank for helping C

Hi Corina,

Thanks for reaching out.

I am not quite sure what category preview you are referring to. Would you mind sharing us a screenshot pointing to the issue you are facing on.

Thank you.

hi, you can also see it on the link I added but here is the screen shot .
You can see that the upper new posts have not text displaying where as the below (older) posts all have a section of the content displaying. Hope this helps

Hi Corina,

Maybe the reason why the category preview is missing because of compatibility issue of X and cornerstone plugin. Currently, you have an old X theme version 8.0.8 and you have the latest version of Cornerstone which is 5.1.2 and they are not compatible with each other. First, I suggest that you deactivate and uninstall your cornerstone plugin to avoid any conflict when upgrading your X theme. Second, upgrade your X theme to the latest version and the last thing you should do is install the cornerstone plugin again.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

hi Marc, no that has not solved the issue, any other suggestions please? Thanks

Hey Corina,

To better assist you with your issue, kindly provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

ok will do a secure notre right away thanks

Hi Corina,

It seems that the excerpt are not been taken from the post content of those specific posts where the content is not showing. There might be improper up-gradation of the Cornerstone plugin is one of the reasons behind your issue.
I would also suggest you follow the below steps and update the Cornerstone once again.

1. Delete the Cornerstone existing one
  2. After deletion please use the link in the dashboard to automatically install the Cornerstone.

If that does not resolve the issue, please copy your live site to a staging server so we could troubleshoot freely without breaking your live site.
And give us access in the secure note including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

You can also fix this by adding the Manual Excerpt from the Post > Settings, as explained in the screenshot.

Thanks

HI. I have set up a Staging Copy on Site Ground, but I have not pushed any things like publishing or else. Hope this is right. Do you need the Site ground login or the login to my website wordpress. If the wordpress I have already submitted this on my last secure message.

Also please after you have done the work let me know what I have to do with this Staging copy? Thanks C

Hi @Scalentse,

We’ve fixed an issue in Cornerstone that prevented the excerpt from being displayed. This will be available in the release we’re pushing live in a few hours. Could you please try updating to that version and advising if it corrects the issue? Thanks!

Hi Alexander
YES it has fixed the problem. PLEASE what do I do with the Staging copy I had to do on site ground?? Should I delete it? Thanks for letting me know. And as always great support . Thank you all
Cheers C

Hi Corina,

Great that it is resolved now. And you can delete the staging copy if you don’t required it any more.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.